Page 51 of 205 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I also check the thread daily for updates. Prayers continually going out for AC.

Just a thought - If any of the moderators get any requests form AC's family for anything they may need here in town I'm right down the street basically from AC. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I also check the thread daily for updates. Prayers continually going out for AC.

Just a thought - If any of the moderators get any requests form AC's family for anything they may need here in town I'm right down the street basically from AC. Let me know and I'll do my best to make it happen.
    Damned decent of you man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Speaking of update ...

A portion of the update from AC's wife:

In so many ways, he's on the mend from radiation. His skin is looking wonderful. He had been burned and peeling before. At one point, near the end of radiation, his skin had a leather look, but it's nearly back to normal! His eye had also been pretty bad. It was drooping, red, and runny, but it too is almost back to normal. The mucositis is still miserable, but far better than it was. In the last two days, he's been awake more, though not really completely with it. He is having more moments of clarity though, which is wonderful. We are hopeful and prayerful that as we get farther from radiation, things will continue to improve. We spent Saturday evening together watching "White Christmas" .

The doctor is supposed to call me today to check in, so I hope he can give us some more insight on what's been going on with Chuck's dreaming & disorientation. We have our follow-up appointment with Radiation Oncology later this week too, so we have another field trip to UNC coming up. Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving together with your friends and family!

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Thanks for the update. We've all been waiting for better news like this! So good to hear!

Chief, stay on this path, brother. Prayers still heading your way and we're all behind you!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    GOD BLESS YOU AC! Keep after it Brother!

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Keep kicking this things ass Chief!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stay in the fight AC, we're all pulling for you (and praying too)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you Sam / Mrs AC for the update...it's good to hear the swing is going upwards!!

blessings,

Paul
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thanks very much for the update!

As others have stated, Chuck and his family are in our thoughts and prayers every day. My sister is a hospital chaplain in one of the largest oncology units in this state, and her and the rest of the chaplains have added AC to their prayer list.

Thanks again for letting us know about the good signs.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    AC has his ups and downs, he's got good days and bad days. Between the good moments are dream filled sleep that involved a lot of talking and arm movements. He is a fighter. I can't imagine being in his shoe.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 51 of 205 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast