Page 53 of 205 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Please pray for Army Chief (and related musings)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. We're still praying for you AC.

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
    Isaiah 41:10
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    AC, you would have had a great big grin if you had been with us today! We had three kids, ages 7, 8 and 10. Three adults, so we had one grown-up per youngster.

They all got to shoot .22 pistols, and a Tactical Solutions .22 AR trainer, and Winchester Model 70 in .223. Plus they got to shoot Momma's LMT carbine in 5.56.

The best part was teaching the young'uns how to shoot a centerfire scoped bolt gun for the first time. They did great on the safety brief, and then shot from a rest in the prone.

The very best part? The 7-year-old girl hitting steel at 100 yards with her very first shot! She went 4 for 4, ringing a 15-inch steel plate at 100 yards. Four rounds fired, four hits!

She was grinning ear to ear, and so were all us grown ups.

The kids did great, policed all the brass and trash, then we went over the lessons learned before we left the range.

Then it was home for Momma's smoked ham and mashed potatoes, and treats for the kids. What a great day.

I know you have a lot of great memories that make you smile, thinking of the times with your children at the range. This was a fun day, just like those.

Bless you, stay strong, and know that we think of you always.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hope you are able to see that we are still with you Chief.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Yeh I honestly feel bad that I haven't posted here in a few days. Still thinking about you brother all the time. Christmas is coming soon!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still praying for ya AC.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Man, I just now found this. It truely breaks my heart to have read this entire thread. Brings back many memories from 2009 when my mother fought her battle with cancer. I feel for you and your family and only hope that good comes from this. Seeing how much the members of this board have spoken so highly of you I fear that the world is danger of losing a great person. In times like this it reminds us of our mortality and how special it truely can be to have someone impact so many lives outside of his/her family and friends. May you stay strong and continue to receive the support you need in this tough time. I will certainly keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Checkin' in several times a day on ya Chief!

Prayers everytime brother!
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Have faced some difficult battles here of late, but God is good, and I'm still very much in the fight. Not really back to 100% cognitively, but spirits remain high, and I appreciate the support network now more than ever!

AC

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    WOO HOO! Great to "hear" from you, AC! Still praying for you and glad to hear you're coming back strong!
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Have faced some difficult battles here of late, but God is good, and I'm still very much in the fight. Not really back to 100% cognitively, but spirits remain high, and I appreciate the support network now more than ever!

AC
    There he is in the flesh

Glad you are clear enough to check in. Keep up the fight.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 53 of 205 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast