Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Glove Thread - Hot Guns in Hot Weather

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Vicker Tactical

I'm running them in Iraq - and am very very impressed -- way better than the Wiley X CAG glove and the assundry Nomex flight glove copies.
    I have the Vickers gloves too. I am very pleased with them also. I haven’t used them in extreme heat yet but I have beaten the crap out of them. Overall I they are a good pair of gloves.
    For the true Warrior the fear of dying in battle is never as great as the fear of being unworthy to enter into it.

Feedback Score

Hot weather gloves

I'm probably gonna be ridiculed for this as I am not a hard use guy, but I like baseball batting gloves for summer use. Fit tight, flexible, reasonably priced, and work for me. Now if I was an operator or contractor I probably wouldn't skimp.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGfest View Post
    I'm probably gonna be ridiculed for this as I am not a hard use guy, but I like baseball batting gloves for summer use. Fit tight, flexible, reasonably priced, and work for me. Now if I was an operator or contractor I probably wouldn't skimp.
    If they will hold-up until the end of the day, that's good enough for me. For a low enough cost, I can consider them a replaceable item.

I need to stop by the local sporting goods store today anyway, so will check out batting gloves while there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anbody know where you can get the Camelback units?

They have a bunch of different models

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    Anbody know where you can get the Camelback units?

They have a bunch of different models
    Drop me a PM with what you're looking for. I should be able to hook you up. However, as CB is trying to get GSA pricing set, I have to quote against specific models since I actually have to call CB to get a price right now.

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Be on the lookout for a wrist-length Vickers glove soon, it would be a good option or Oakley gloves with the vents and mesh sides on the fingers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GIFFMANN View Post
    Oakley gloves are well ventilated. They still get warm, but airflow is pretty good. Also, you might look at Mechanix gloves.
    Yeah, judging by the fact that Mechanix gloves do nothing to keep my hands warm on cold weather, they'd appear to be a good hot-weather match glove.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How well do the standard Mechanix gloves hold up to occasional contact with hot barrels?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    How well do the standard Mechanix gloves hold up to occasional contact with hot barrels?

In my experience, not so well. I've dusted a few pair of the issue Mechanix standards just by brief contact after full-auto evolutions.

Feedback Score
    Regular old Hatch gloves might not be optimum, but they got it done for me. At an AK class last year where the weather was about 95 squared, I wore the same Hatch cut-resistant gloves I keep in the patrol car. The Hatch gloves did surprisingly well, allowing me to work all controls and triggers, and keeping me from getting branded with hot AK parts, while not overheating my hands. They do smell funky after being sweated in for a couple days, though. I kept using them for AK shooting until I put the AK up for sale to concentrate on the AR.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast