Thread: Anyone running eotech w/ standard FSB?

Feedback Score

Anyone running eotech w/ standard FSB?

Hello guys, Anxiously waiting on my first stamp to get back....Ironically I am out of a job right now (and in school full time) so once it does arrive, I have to wait LONGER....what a dirty joke life has played on me.

Anyway, I am going to go for the Mk18 Mod0 look....Lower is complete w/ sopmod stock, will be getting DD 10.3 barrel, yes I see a difference between this and a 10.5 ....with Stock FSB....

My question is: Ive had aimpoints (and liked them) but want to try an eotech....preferably one of the EXPS's....I think......

is anyone running an eotech with a standard front sight? im sure some eotechs are co-wit and some are 1/3?

just looking for impressions/opinions.

Ethan

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Standard EoTechs are absolute cowitness, and a lot of people prefer to put them on a riser to get lower 1/3. The EXPS line with its built in riser will give you lower 1/3.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use an XPS (no riser) with a standard FSB and flip up rear and it's just fine. That height works for me. But it's all just preference. Just as many will tell you something else.
    Last edited by rackham1; 10-04-12 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Surf is a user/operator/shooter who posts here and on various other sites. He runs several setups very similar to what you are describing. He would be very helpful if you get into contact with him.

He also has a youtube page located here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssdsurf?feature=g-u-u

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys, and ill check that youtube link out!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eboggs View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, and ill check that youtube link out!
    Sure. One more comment, I'd probably buy an EXPS over a regular XPS if I were doing it over, but getting rid of a functional XPS just to get the taller version is not worth it, IMHO. Not that big a deal.

Recommend you also use search above. This topic is pretty well mined out and you'll probably get answers fastest that way. Just need to sort through all the eotech versus aimpoint emotion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham1 View Post
    Sure. One more comment, I'd probably buy an EXPS over a regular XPS if I were doing it over, but getting rid of a functional XPS just to get the taller version is not worth it, IMHO. Not that big a deal.

Recommend you also use search above. This topic is pretty well mined out and you'll probably get answers fastest that way. Just need to sort through all the eotech versus aimpoint emotion.
    Ill take a look, i did a "quickish" search and didnt see anything specific to my inquiry, but maybe i should just step it up ...

Ive ran aimpoints with good luck but have always wantd to try an eotech. So as regards to which is better? eh...theyll both do what I need em to (I hope!)

Feedback Score
    I don't use the riser, and honestly having used a m16a2 in the Corps prior to HWS it feels like cheating having one...so quick to acquire target and easy as hell to reacquire once firing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFanToM View Post
    I don't use the riser, and honestly having used a m16a2 in the Corps prior to HWS it feels like cheating having one...so quick to acquire target and easy as hell to reacquire once firing.
    That is how i felt the first time I used an aimpoint...I was never in the Corps, but have plenty experience with Iron sights and wood!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I used to own a 512, and used it with both a fixed front AND fixed rear sight. I didn't see any issues, although back when I owned the 512 most shooting I did was from a bench/rest. Even using an Eotech with no riser, the center dot lined up with or just above the tip of the front sight. I did switch to the large aperture on the rear sight as well, but after that, not an issue.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment