Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: colt 901?

Feedback Score
    Wow, this is turning into a better discussion than I had hoped for. I'm not going to waste time doing a copy an paste to address each specific item brought up but I will acknowledge a few points that I see that have been on my mind too.
    I have been a little concerned about the new model bugs that may or may not be present. I love that I can run P-Mags and not a platform/company specific mag. After having no choice but to trash GI mags from hitting the dirt and denting the body, I wont use anything but a P-Mag or the Troy Battlemags which have seemed to hold up just as well. For what it is worth these lowers are supposed to handle any mil spec upper. That is why I will register mine as an SBR so I can use my 8" AAC 300 upper for when I am in the brush and know my shots will be less than 100yds. That upper also spends time on my pistol lower with a mag blocked to hold 5 rounds for pistol season. As for what I can understand about the $2000 dollar comment, I think the guy was speaking about, for example you can get a $600 AR or $1500 AR that look identical and are mil spec, but when you figure in warranty and hands on quality control that is where you get into your cost increases and that becomes even more apparent when you compare cheap and expensive AR mil spec because your long term higher end companies hold to tighter tolerances than the others. Personally I dont want a $600 mil spec that is so loose it rattles like a pop can filled with rocks. I come to this sight to lear from people that have actually handled the unit and know more than myself so I can make a more informed choice. I will admit that I am a big Colt fan, but if somebody can keep my modularity and still have something on the same league with the 901 an has hands on experience with it, let me know, I will listen. I just dont want this post to degrade to a brand x is the best an everything else is junk type of situation. And as always, thanks for the responses.

Feedback Score
    I have yet to see one at any of the several South florida area gunstores or online for that matter ... hard to find locally.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K9Lunatic View Post
    As for what I can understand about the $2000 dollar comment, I think the guy was speaking about, for example you can get a $600 AR or $1500 AR that look identical and are mil spec, but when you figure in warranty and hands on quality control that is where you get into your cost increases and that becomes even more apparent when you compare cheap and expensive AR mil spec because your long term higher end companies hold to tighter tolerances than the others.
    Er, what?

There is no $600 carbine on the civilian market that comes anywhere close to meeting the TDP standards.

Sorry, but I can't let that one slide.

As far as the "loose gun" hogwash....well, I won't waste my breath.

Read more, post less....

Feedback Score
    well Delta a local gun shop has a "mil spec" rifle for $680 plus tax...... they apparently use uppers and lowers that are on the loose side of they spec range and fit very loose. Im not here to bad mouth any person or company I was just wanting information....as far as anything sliding, if you have nothing useful to post take and slide back under your bridge troll.
    And for whatever its worth I don't post very much and until you came in here this post was staying on a topic that you added nothing to except comments about me. So why don't you take your own advice "read more, post less".
    Last edited by K9Lunatic; 10-10-12 at 14:06.
    Certified K9 Master Trainer
    Certified Police K9 Handler

Feedback Score
    Tbirk, glad you like it so far, and let me know how the Eotech works out. I was considering another Aimpoint PRO, but I'm honestly not sure if I like it enough to put one on the 901 or to just go with some nice old fashioned glass on top.
    drsal, sorry you cant find one in Florida, I can't find one around here either. Supposedly my brothers friend in Georgia is going to have one in his shop in a few weeks when I go visit. I guess it will come home with me unless somebody here talks me into something different.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    <snip>
    You didn't stay on topic very well with the post that I was responding to.

You made several fairly large errors and assumptions which needed correction, so I tried to gently nudge you in the right direction...

Now, in case I need to be a little more clear - stop talking about things you don't know. If you want to ask a question about a 901, go for it, but don't lump in a bunch of nonsense about "mil-spec" carbines for $600......

If it isn't too much trouble, you could even think about typing in such a manner that your point (if there is one...) could be more easily understood.

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by I-M4-REAL; 10-10-12 at 14:56. Reason: sorry didnt know it loaded(gateway time out)repost below

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    well Delta a local gun shop has a "mil spec" rifle for $680 plus tax...... they apparently use uppers and lowers that are on the loose side of they spec range and fit very loose. Im not here to bad mouth any person or company I was just wanting information....as far as anything sliding, if you have nothing useful to post take and slide back under your bridge troll.
    And for whatever its worth I don't post very much and until you came in here this post was staying on a topic that you added nothing to except comments about me. So why don't you take your own advice "read more, post less".
    Usually when a company uses the term 'milspec' they are refrencing that their parts are interchangable with Colt rifles (which Colt is the one and only true "milspec" rifle civilians can purchase.) However it does not mean they are built with the same quality of materials and manufacturing processes. So anyways back to topic...
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    To the OP:Obviously not too many LE901's around for a good report at this time.For what it's worth you can take a glance at the Oct 2012 issue of G&A magazine for a review of the Colt LE901-16s.(G&A say it's GTG)However I do find somethings printed in 'gun magazines' NOT true to real world operation for little rounds are sent down range and you never know if these publications are getting a 'kick back' for simply stating... "This is such a great gun".But then again I have no personal experiance knowing otherwise unless I actually own the gun in question.

Feedback Score
    i have to agree M4-Real, I see no way of knowing if its true or money related on the review. But at least I did get some info from Tbirk, even though he hasn't had the chance to put a large amount of rounds out the barrel yet he does have one, has shot it, and seems to be happy so far. Maybe we will have a few more members that have been lucky enough to snatch one up chime in soon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast