Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New in the Columbia Area

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New in the Columbia Area

I just moved to Columbia from Central Kentucky, and I'm looking for people to shoot and train with. I left a great club in Kentucky and I'm on the waiting list for Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, but in the meantime I don't really have a home range and my skills are atrophying.

Anyone else around the area interested in getting together?
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I might be down sometime, though my schedule has been crazy busy lately.

When I do get some free time I've mainly been shooting the monthly IDPA match at Mid-Carolina or taking my new MWS out for some precision practice.

Feedback Score
    Sorry I just saw this post. Feel free to email me (Gizmo99 "at" oohay tod moc), more than happy to meet you at MCRC - long time member.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in Columbia. Are there any training groups near by? Only one I found is Palidine Training in Florence. I'm looking for a handgun class to go to and in the future a carbine class. I've also been looking at Defensive Concepts in NC
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    Socom, there are a couple of places that host classes. Midcarolina provides a range and usually John Farnum and Pat Rogers get here about once a year. Belt training in St. George is picking up the pace by hosting various trainers and there's a group in Florence who do so as well.

I have not trained with Paladin, but someone I trust tells me they are OK. Some off their Youtube vids are OK as well.

http://www.midcarolinarifleclub.com/

http://www.belttraining.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo99 View Post
    Socom, there are a couple of places that host classes. Midcarolina provides a range and usually John Farnum and Pat Rogers get here about once a year. Belt training in St. George is picking up the pace by hosting various trainers and there's a group in Florence who do so as well.

I have not trained with Paladin, but someone I trust tells me they are OK. Some off their Youtube vids are OK as well.

http://www.midcarolinarifleclub.com/

http://www.belttraining.com/
    Awesome. Thanks and ill check it out

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just looked up both Farnum and Rogers and both are ridiculously expensive. About double what I was expecting.
    Last edited by Socom Elite; 06-16-13 at 00:29.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead....

There are a few decent options in the Columbia area for you guys, we host most of our classes in the Greenville area but we do have a private carbine class later this month at BELT as well.

The SC training atmosphere is getting better, for the past few years it has seemed a bit dry.

Hopefully in the near future we can have more course opportunities in your neck of the woods. We are working with a few more coastal shops to host courses more towards Charleston etc.
    Pandion Tactical - Firearms Training
    www.PandionTactical.com

Feedback Score
    The SC training atmosphere is getting better, for the past few years it has seemed a bit dry.
    LOL, should have been active in the '90's and '00's. It wasn't dry, it was a desert.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd-Shooter View Post
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead....

There are a few decent options in the Columbia area for you guys, we host most of our classes in the Greenville area but we do have a private carbine class later this month at BELT as well.

Hopefully in the near future we can have more course opportunities in your neck of the woods. We are working with a few more coastal shops to host courses more towards Charleston etc.
    When do you host Pistol 101 and the Home defense courses again? Preferably in the Columbia/Charleston region.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast