Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant

Feedback Score

Unhappy Rant

I will keep this short.

I have been following this site since 2008 and I have to say that in the last year things here seem to have changed alot.

Constant bickering - it really is getting pathetic. A LOT of the guys with lengthy memberships don't even participate in GD anymore...

Mods and others always bitching about someone not using the search function and getting really ugly about it - did you ever think that maybe, just maybe the OP did not find exactly what they were looking for and that is why they posted. I admit there has been a large influx of new members but not everyone is an idiot and not one of us deserves to be disrespected....unless of course you are willing to receive the same (which has proven to not be the case)

I guess my point is...if this continues, it will get to a point (if not already) where every topic has been covered and could possibly be found through a ton of searching and reading...sometimes it just isn't very efficient...and there are often members willing to help out with a quick answer ot two...but unfortunately it often gets squashed early with a bunch of negative, unhelpful, bullshit comments. And, the quality of members and new members will likely drop off if they are continously getting their dicks stepped on by those who seem to believe they are so high above the rest.

I just think we should all try to treat each other with a bit of respect, at least until it is proven to be unwarranted.

Just a rant, just because

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Battle*Hound,

I completely agree with you. I would consider myself to be a newbie on the site and I have seen alot of these negative comments. The constant bickering on how the OP should have used the search button is getting out of hand. It discourages people from learning by asking questions and finding answers.

Yes, the OP could have used the search button. But people need to realize reading 10-20+ pages of replies hoping to find an answer isn't very efficient. I will stop with my ranting as well. Thanks for posting this.

+1
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    I completely agree. There are some FANTASTIC mods/Staff on here. Fantastic, rational, and respectful mods. But there are several out there who make it their life mission to be disrespectful, smart-alecky, and rude to anyone who doesn't meet the status quo behavior of the community.

Yes, it gets tiresome when the same questions keep popping up that a real search could answer in a few brief seconds. But sometimes, getting a fresh idea on a subject that may have been beaten to death back in 2007 with 2012's ideas can be very helpful and enlightening.

When so many topics are covered that there are fewer and fewer remaining to be discussed, the information becomes stagnant. There is nothing else to talk about, and the forum starts to die.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    I posted something like this about a month ago and it got deleted. Lol

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Just a thought, but...

What good do you think it is going to do to whine?

This past summer things have really gone downhill (with the membership, not the staff) it seems, but complaining isn't going to do any good.

The problem, as I see it, is that too many people are to willing to keep stupid threads alive, by posting in them (much like this thread.) Rather than keeping some of the recent topics (cough, cough, take a look at the AR General Discussion section if you can't figure out what I mean....) alive, simply stop posting in them.... problem solved.....
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 10-10-12 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I subscribed to the AR picture thread and enjoy seeing what people have done with their ARs and why.

I think more people need to drum up support for their local regional training groups and I'm one of them. VMI-MO leads the way in this regard (I've gone to one of his sessions and sharpened my skills while making new friends).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    Just a thought, but...

What good do you think it is going to do to whine?

Maybe bring attention to the ones that ate doing it.

This past summer things have really gone downhill (with the membership, not the staff) it seems, but complaining isn't going to do any good.

Are you a moderator?

The problem, as I see it, is that too many people are to willing to keep stupid threads alive, by posting in them (much like this thread.) Rather than keeping some of the recent topics (cough, cough, take a look at the AR General Discussion section if you can't figure out what I mean....) alive, simply stop posting in them.... problem solved.....
    You mean keeping them alive by posting in them just like you did?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle*Hound View Post
    ...sometimes it just isn't very efficient...
    There are some highly detailed responses to questions that the people with real knowledge are not going to type out every time someone gets a wild hair to ask them for the 10,000th time.

Those people, with the knowledge, will assume that people who REALLY want to know will enlighten themselves, even in the face of adversity.

Efficiency for the author of research would be telling someone to search for their previous threads. Efficiency for the person seeking enlightenment would be having someone tell them everything they need.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    There are some highly detailed responses to questions that the people with real knowledge are not going to type out every time someone gets a wild hair to ask them for the 10,000th time.

Those people, with the knowledge, will assume that people who REALLY want to know will enlighten themselves, even in the face of adversity.

Efficiency for the author of research would be telling someone to search for their previous threads. Efficiency for the person seeking enlightenment would be having someone tell them everything they need.
    That doesn't mean it's okay to be disrespectful. And just because seething has been covered at one pint in time doesn't mean it will show up in a search in the first 3-5 pages of results every time. I see both sides here but disrespecting others is ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanhedrick View Post
    You mean keeping them alive by posting in them just like you did?
    Yeah, if you had read what I posted, you would have seen that I covered that...

Reading comprehension is important...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast