Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offset mount for Surefire Scout that clears PEQ-15

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox20 View Post
    That's the one I was talking about. There are many more pics on Lightfighter and probably on his Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by OnPoint View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHw0Y...e_gdata_player

At 3:15 in this video Travis Haley demonstrates a d-bal clearing the drop wing with a vampire mounted to it.
    This is also the video I was referring to. I'm not sure if this can be done with anything but the tubular handguard. Even mounting to the area between rail sections on a railed handguard, it may not clear. If it does, that would be great, but I seem to remember reading a post where someone tried it.

A Daniel Defense RIS II would probably come closer than a Lite rail, for example, due to the profile. So, it'll certainly depend on the handguard profile.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I was curious if there are any offset mounts for the Surefire Scout light that clears a PEQ-15's laser emitters?

My first choice was the Danger Close mount but from what I've been reading it will not clear a PEQ-15's laser unless mounted on a rail with a raised 12 o'clock (HK416).

I'm looking for non QD, I don't need the extra weight nor the ability to remove the light quickly. I just need to bring it in closer to the barrel for greater balance than my current setup which is the Scout light mounted on a Larue inline mount. Will be mounted at the 10 o clock position on a RIS II.

Thank you
    The Haley Strategic THORNTAIL clears the DBAL & PEQ. Travis verified several combinations. Here's a link to some pics: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_399/2..._and_DBAL.html

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...egic-partners/

We also make an SBR version that's an inch tenth shorter in length.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey guys, thank you for the mention. We are ramping up production and will be running a pre-order in the not too distant future.

We just put some more pictures up on our FB page, I will put some more up with a DBAL / Scout tomorrow sometime.

We have actually re-designed the system a little and will be updating our website in the near future with production / order details.

www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, as we are not a site sponsor yet, I will keep it to a minimum here.

The Vampire head clears both laser and the illuminator if mounted on the Port side.
    Last edited by goteron; 10-19-12 at 09:42.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12