Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stolen ACOG????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    Thats exactly what happened to me some time ago when I bought a set of NVGs on ebay.

6 months later the FBI showed up and asked for them back.

I of course did so.
    This has happened to MANY people.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1967 View Post
    Thats exactly what happened to me some time ago when I bought a set of NVGs on ebay.

6 months later the FBI showed up and asked for them back.

I of course did so.
    I would have told them that the it was working and damage so you had no choice to throw it away .

J/K this will cause them to get a warrant (if they didn't have one already) to search your house. The best way to get anything like this out of the military is to look out for open DRMO sales.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonathan View Post
    Went to a Pawnshop today wasting time and found a TA01NSN Acog, I was shocked that the price was $150 so I had to look at it. Barely used but upon further inspection I found it was etched. Initials and last 4 ssn# from what it looked like to me.
    Now i'm a Navy guy and thats how we do our stuff from tools all the way to knives and socks but i've never seen our guys do this to scopes.
    I don't know if the other services do this but what should I do?
    Buy it and use it myself?
    I would buy it....and yeppers the last four are engraved on most of my stuff..

I could kick myself in the hind end for sending things out to get worked on and NOT
    etching my last four on stuff...had too much stuff stolen to not do that

If I were you...I would buy that scope and put out on every gun related AR15 board
    that you have it...and ask the owner to ID it by quoting those numbers back to
    you...I would send it to him...and tell him and the cops were you got it from..

Perhaps they could find the perp...

If you returned my scope...I would at the least pay all your expenses...
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    Military optics, to include ACOGs and Aimpoint sights, have individual serial numbers and most recently bar codes. I would call Trijicon and have them check to serial number to confirm if it is military issue. If it is they can tell which branch and you can immediately notify Federal LEOs who can return it to its proper owner.

S/F

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pawnshops around here have to send a list of items pawned to the local PD. They must also get ID from every person that pawns something. The only way you will get a knock at the door is after they go to the pawnshop first. If you’re informed that it is stolen then you must turn it over. At this point you haven’t broken any laws. You bought something from a licensed retailer who is complying with the law. On the other hand if you play hard ass and tell them to get a warrant, then you now know it is stolen. The PD will get a warrant (they have plenty of probable cause) and will probably go to jail.

I doubt it is stolen. Just because the last four of someone’s SSN is on it. That would mean that every thing you put your last four on is yours for life. Ask the pawnshop how they know it is not hot. Then buy it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123