Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a light mount for my 870 (recomendations)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I will echo the majority and also say go with the Surefire forend. It is by far the best shotgun light system out there. It can seem a little pricey, but you definately get what you pay for.

I'll also second the VangComp jumbo head safety.

Justin

Feedback Score
    What you saw was probably the Mesa Tactical magazine clamp,
    it has a rail and mounts like you said.

It fills the gap ,literally, for people wanting a barrel clamp using the Vang extension.

However, It is better as a clamp, go with the Sure-fire forend as a light source.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use an original (old style) Surefire 618 on my work gun. It's by far my favorite. I find it less bulky then all the alternatives.

Feedback Score
    Buy the SF replacement forearm & be done with it.

Seen more than a couple folks at who had to buy twice AFTER not listening and getting one of those bolt on mounts. They work when searching, but position your hand too far forward and you run the risk of noticing it under recoil &/or when you run the slide.

Just my observation.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    I put a 618FA with KL5 LED head on my 870 Tactical, along with a 14" barrel, Mesa stock adapter and Magpul CTR, and Aimpoint T-1.

Works great and I would recommend the Surefire along with almost everyone else.
    I AM a CanadianGunSlinger!!!!!!

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Surefire set up...that LED head look familiar Wicked_Police
    Nobody Cares! Fix It!

Feedback Score
    Looks VERY familiar!

I want your barrel though.

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-09-09 at 22:01.
    Qui Me Tangit Paenitebit (he who touches me will repent)

Feedback Score
    It is a KL3 in the pic.

My KL5 is almost a greenish color. Matches the 870 tactical pretty good. I have a picture on imageshack, but can't remember my login...

I prefered the 5 cause it has a wider beam, which works better for me in the intended role of the gun, room clearing and cqb work.

Cede Nullis

Feedback Score
    While I certainly wouldn't want to spend too much time argueing AGAINST a surefire... I spent a lot less money and am happy with my results.

I got a reletively cheap Tri-Rail mount that clamps to the barrel and mag-tube (off of eBay for like 15 bucks). Then I went to my favorite gun web site and bought a 3/4 inch ring mount and a pressure switch designed for a mini maglight ( total CTD order was 12 dollars plus shipping).

Now, No. The dual AA maglight doesn't perform in the same league as the Surefire... But it does light up a dark room enough and it reaches the paultry 10 yards that is the longest line of sight in my house. And on my particular gun, there is no issue (as mentioned above) with accidentally bumping it.

I had a miniMag already, so I'm happy for under $30.00.

- Just a thought... But yeah, the Surefire is definately the way to go if you can swing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12