Thread: "largest center fire rifle ever made"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

"largest center fire rifle ever made"

Can't think of one practical use for this silly thing, but boys will be boys

"Put aside your girly-man .458 Win Mag or your wimpy .50 cal and watch guys shoot a real gun, the largest center fire rifle ever made, the .950 JDJ by SSK Industries (Ohio).

Only three were ever made. This was the lightest, the carbine version, weighing in at 50 lbs. It shoots a .95 caliber 2,400 grain bullet at *2,100 fps using 240 grains of powder, which generates 25,400 f/lbs of muzzle energy and 277 f/lbs of recoil energy.
    Each round costs $40."

See:

http://www.staged.com/video?v=q0eb
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Always seemed to me that it's kind of cheating to claim a "record" like that if you put that thing in the same category as practical, usable rifles. If the goal is just to make a gigantic "rifle" that has no practical purpose, then sure, you'll end up with the largest rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeLT View Post
    Always seemed to me that it's kind of cheating to claim a "record" like that if you put that thing in the same category as practical, usable rifles. If the goal is just to make a gigantic "rifle" that has no practical purpose, then sure, you'll end up with the largest rifle.
    Yup, I'd say that sums it up. It's clearly in the "'Cause I wanted to build one!!!" category and of no actual practical value as a rifle I can think of, but fire arms with no practical value are a tradition!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Henry Bowman had a similar rifle.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Bofors 40mm is a (primer tubed) center fire rifle. These guys have their work cut out for them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That will detach your retina!

Feedback Score
    Christ I'd have Lee make me a mold and go to lead bullets and cut the cost down to about $2 a round !!! To bad you can't own one as the BATF would be all in your grill! Anything over 50 caliber in centerfire is a No Go in the states!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would have liked to see what it would have done to a 1" plate of AR500!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    Henry Bowman had a similar rifle.
    Great book.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They handled the recoil better than these guys shootin 577 T-Rex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWE_EuN4Nqs
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.