Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK416A5

Feedback Score

HK416A5

Last week I had opportunity to check out new version of HK416, called HK416A5. I have more detailed write on this on my blog, but wanted to share some pictures and info here as well.

HK claims that A5 is attempt to put some changes made for different projects (M27, Norway carbine, IC) and requirements form 416 users. Most prominent change is new, adjustable gas block. There is also new stock, pistol grip, safety (with ability to put on safe with dropped hammer), triggerguard, handguard cross bolt, castle nut, front sight base and well as new color scheme (for now pink version is not planned - I asked about it!). I was told that A5 is not last word and more upgrades are in work but due to ongoing patent process they did not want to show it prematurely.

And family picture with my HK MR223

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Neat!

Too bad we'll never see them, over here. (Unless H&K wins the IC competition and beats out the improved M4. And possibly somebody other than H&K gets part of the contract.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Neat!

Too bad we'll never see them, over here. (Unless H&K wins the IC competition and beats out the improved M4. And possibly somebody other than H&K gets part of the contract.)
    Why? Those will be avaliable for LE or military purchase in USA, same as current HK416. Hopefully upgrades will also make it into civilian version. Actually HK thinks that those are not neccesary for semi-automatic rifle, but I was trying to convince them that it does not matter and civi versions should follow closely it's LE/mil older siblings.

One more picture - on the range:

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If all the colors matched the handrail, or at least the receiver, it would be a good looking gun.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That front sight won't fold forward with a can on and I can't find the sling attachment points on that stock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you know why the castle nut is so long?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    If all the colors matched the handrail, or at least the receiver, it would be a good looking gun.
    +1 Seriously! It's an awesome gun but the bronze body with that nasty piss gold colored furniture makes it look awful.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    That front sight won't fold forward with a can on and I can't find the sling attachment points on that stock.
    Good call on the front sight. Didn't even notice until you said something.

Interested as well to see why the castle nut has the design that it does.
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    Will any of these changes make their way into the MR556 line?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    colors looks worse than the first SCAR 16 production runs

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast