Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Texas DPS SOG team selects Sig Sauer 1911 TACOPs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean51 View Post
    I am a Peace Officer in Texas. Yes some are dick heads, I know a lot of them. However, I would like to submit this for your consideration. When you go out every day and work long hours and risk your life doing a job where you have to deal with assholes like you all day, you wouldn't be to friendly either.
    More bad guys are caught by "****ing traffic cops" than anybody else. Traffic is how WE find violators, I can't tell you how many arrests I have gotten and dope I have seized off of traffic stops.
    I don't care if they ban me for this, someone has to say it.

Your to stupid to talk, I think I lost some brain cells just reading your posts. If you just want to spout dumb shit go join some liberal pro Obama site.
    Now if you will excuse me I need some sleep, I have to be up at 4am so I can go stop some poor innocent speeders.
    I shouldnt say this but I will.

Stop pretending like you are some unsung hero doing a job for pennies with your life on the line. LEOS are in general , VERY highly paid for their level of education and skillset. There arent many jobs where you dont need a degree or some specialized skill, and can still pull 60-120K a year. Furthermore not everyone sees you taking dope off the street or restricting non violent "criminals" as a service to society. The NUMBER 1 job of police is to protect the public, yet when seconds count, the police are minutes away. I am not trying bash LEO's yes it can be a hard job and yes you can get injured.........but so are many others.

I have ALOT of friends and family who are police officers, and almost all of them get paid much more than they are worth. Stop pretending like police aren't highly compensated for this abnormaly high risk you think they incur compared to many other jobs. I wish I got paid 120K a year while dodging IED's and being a Human Target to draw fire from Haji. I also didnt get to go home to my family every night or sleep in a warm bed, or even get a hot shower.
    Last edited by TurretGunner; 12-23-12 at 23:15.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This thread isn't about 1911's anymore, is it?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Wow! Talk about thread drift. David

Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    I shouldnt say this but I will.

Stop pretending like you are some unsung hero doing a job for pennies with your life on the line. LEOS are in general , VERY highly paid for their level of education and skillset. There arent many jobs where you dont need a degree or some specialized skill, and can still pull 60-120K a year. Furthermore not everyone sees you taking dope off the street or restricting non violent "criminals" as a service to society. The NUMBER 1 job of police is to protect the public, yet when seconds count, the police are minutes away. I am not trying bash LEO's yes it can be a hard job and yes you can get injured.........but so are many others.

I have ALOT of friends and family who are police officers, and almost all of them get paid much more than they are worth. Stop pretending like police aren't highly compensated for this abnormaly high risk you think they incur compared to many other jobs. I wish I got paid 120K a year while dodging IED's and being a Human Target to draw fire from Haji. I also didnt get to go home to my family every night or sleep in a warm bed, or even get a hot shower.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stop pretending like police aren't highly compensated for this abnormaly high risk you think they incur compared to many other jobs. I wish I got paid 120K a year while dodging IED's and being a Human Target to draw fire from Haji. I also didnt get to go home to my family every night or sleep in a warm bed, or even get a hot shower.
    I think you forget or underestimate how many of us have been there as well or are still also serving in areas like that. At this point, I'd move on as your post are beginning to portray you as having a chip on your shoulder and superiority complex.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    the next post that's off the original topic gets this thread locked.

Feedback Score

I have ALOT of friends and family who are police officers, and almost all of them get paid much more than they worth.

I would argue you really aren't their friends and you're a pretty poor excuse for family if this is how you talk about them to strangers. I know if I found out you felt this way about me and communicated it to others you wouldn't be either to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    I would argue you really aren't their friends and you're a pretty poor excuse for family if this is how you talk about them to strangers. I know if I found out you felt this way about me and communicated it to others you wouldn't be either to me.
    Did you bother to read the post above yours?
    Last edited by brushy bill; 01-04-13 at 22:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213