Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $500 Budget

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Hi There.. Send me a PM and I'll hook you up with some deals (as best I can) in East Tennessee.. Cheers..Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Reliability.
    Easy to maintain.
    Parts are cheap.

Hook more of you trigger finger in there if you are shooting left.

I guess I should ask, what is your intended purpose for the pistol?
    It is interesting that you are the first to ask me that question. Does it really matter Glocks are good for everything.

Seriously cc and house gun and of course range gun. I currently carry a HK P7. It works well for cc except the blue finish, although I use armadillo with good results. I also may be going to South Fl to work so that got me thinking about more fire power. Then there is the range time the P7 tends to get hot. With all that said the P7 really is a great gun.

Ok so I will start looking at the Glock 19 what other chooses are there?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    It is interesting that you are the first to ask me that question.
    Well, the fact that you clearly stated earlier in the thread that the gun was for concealed carry might have been considered when some replies were made....

Try losing the cocky attitude, and be a little more polite. You are the one that started asking questions, that should have been easily answered with a little reading on this site...

Feedback Score
    Glock 19 (9mm) or Glock 23 (.40). Due to the ever increasing price in ammo I would go with the 19. The Glock 19 is my favorite carry pistol I own. I have beat it up in classes; thrown in the dirt, racked slide on dirty boots, wooden table etc. Never a single failure in thousands of rounds. A solid CC investment.
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    You asked within $500. Glocks and M&Ps can be had in that range. If Glocks don't do it for you, try the Smith.

You aren't going to find a good 1911 in your price range.

Feedback Score
    I will have to check out the M&P Shield.
    Kinda kills the high capacity request.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You have nice and generous offer from Kokopelli.
    There's a local dealer who sells new Glock 19's and 17's for $479 plus tax,3rd or 4th gen.
    I recently picked up a nice used 3rd gen G17 for $378 OTD.That's about as good as it gets around here.
    I'd respond to Kokopelli if you're serious.Not everyone would make that offer for help.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    Caracal F model pistols are pretty nice. Carefull on glocks. If you happen to not get a good one you just invested in a money pit that in some cases doesn't have a bottem.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What is so great about the Glock. It does not fit my hand well and when I shoot them they tend to shoot to the left. I understand they are a well made gun with great durability and reliability but they are not the only game in town.
    Go with the Tristar then! So many law enforcement agencies and .mil units use it, how could you possibly go wrong?
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What is so great about the Glock. It does not fit my hand well and when I shoot them they tend to shoot to the left. I understand they are a well made gun with great durability and reliability but they are not the only game in town.
    Yup. Glocks appear to be uniquely susceptible to some shooter grip or trigger deficiencies. Louis Awerbuck starts out every pistol class with the question "who in this class shoots a Glock and is shooting to the left?"

If you have trouble shooting Glocks, might be something fixed with some instruction/training, work on your grip or trigger control.
    Last edited by Hmac; 10-21-12 at 07:12.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast