Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Springfield got SQUIBBED.. Need advice.

Feedback Score

My new Springfield got SQUIBBED.. Need advice.

Well it happened to me today on my brand new Springfield.. Went shooting with a couple buddy's, I had run about 30-40 rounds through it with the occasional stoppage associated with a the break in of a new 1911. I pulled the gun apart, cleaned and re-lubed. Inserted a fresh mag of Remington JHP's, sent two down range with no issue, 3rd round went bang but did not eject. Now i probably should have suspected something as there was not a lot of recoil, but because the gun was not yet running reliably, i just racked the slide aimed and BOOM... Im assuming the barrel burst because the gun is completely seized up about a quarter inch out of battery. I also have a .45 JHP about a half inch from the end of my barrel..

Anyone know how I should go about handling this? Is Remington responsible due to faulty ammo? Im I out the $900 I just spent on a 1911 because I pulled the trigger?

**Update: Remington returned my call today, it sounds like they are going to foot the repair bill. They said to contact Springfield, send them the gun and go ahead with the fix. I called Springfield, wow.. I was impressed with the customer service given. I spoke to a guy names Jason, he was very knowledgeable and extreamly helpful and polite. They even covered the shipping to them even though the issue had nothing to do with anything they did. Very impressed with those guys, glad i went with a Springfield. Hopefully the gun will be back soon and ready to shoot again.
    Last edited by LS1POWERED; 10-23-12 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You just has a very bad day.. You're going to have to "bang" it apart or just send it out to a smith right off the bat. You'll get no relief from Remington (I suspect). Dang.. nice pistol too.. 8( Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Squib round and the manufacturer will tell the OP to pound sand?
    I doubt that.

Document everything and contact Remington.
    They should take care of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Squib round and the manufacturer will tell the OP to pound sand?
    I doubt that.

Document everything and contact Remington.
    They should take care of this.
    "Well it happened to me today on my brand new Springfield.. Went shooting with a couple buddy's, I had run about 30-40 rounds through it with the occasional stoppage associated with a the break in of a new 1911. I pulled the gun apart, cleaned and re-lubed. Inserted a fresh mag of Remington JHP's, sent two down range with no issue, 3rd round went bang but did not eject. Now i probably should have suspected something as there was not a lot of recoil, but because the gun was not yet running reliably, i just racked the slide aimed and BOOM... Im assuming the barrel burst because the gun is completely seized up about a quarter inch out of battery. I also have a .45 JHP about a half inch from the end of my barrel..

A bad day for the OP but the bolded section puts the liability for this on the OP, not Remington.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hindsight is 20/20.

I'll have to agree to diagree, but I say bullshit.
    One faulty round destroyed his pistol.
    Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I do hope they replace the pistol.. But, I've never heard of a ammo maker replacing a pistol and I know a lot that have been squibbed. The OP might have had a slight chance if the first round blew it up, but with two in the barrel??? Good Luck.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just be thankful it was with factory ammo and not some reloads. Remington will make it right.

Feedback Score
    I agree with eternal24k, Remington will make it right, but imo its not just their fault either. OP noticed something was not right and went for it anyways. Yeah hindsight is 20/20, but if you felt a difference in recoil and said eff it and just racked one into the chamber because you obviously knew it didnt cycle since you had to hand rack a round then you probably should have inspected the barrel too.

Just my opinion. But then we are living in the age of expecting other people to take responsibility for our problems.
    We get it, you're a HSLD operator who knows what's what and wants everyone else to know that you know that we know that you know what's up. ~ elricfate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20.

I'll have to agree to diagree, but I say bullshit.
    One faulty round destroyed his pistol.
    Period.
    And I will agree to disagree with you. One faulty round squibbed his gun, then a perfectly fine round blew it up. And it had to be hand cycled in.... do the math.

OP should be happy his hand is intact.
    We get it, you're a HSLD operator who knows what's what and wants everyone else to know that you know that we know that you know what's up. ~ elricfate

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's only one way to find out whether or not Remington will step up. Like previously posted, document everything and contact Remington. I'll bet they'll work with you to get your issue resolved. Doesn't look like there was an "uncontained" failure, so I'm assuming you're all right. A good reminder for us all. Best of luck.
    "Shoulder to Shoulder"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast