Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 11-87 Breaking In**UPDATE III: Now Working w/Win. AA**

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think a good option for the 1100 and 11-87 for the guy wanting one shotgun for both defensive and competition use would be to have 2 different same length barrels.
    One gas ported big for competition for use with low brass and one standard gas ported for full power defensive loads.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I think a good option for the 1100 and 11-87 for the guy wanting one shotgun for both defensive and competition use would be to have 2 different same length barrels.
    One gas ported big for competition for use with low brass and one standard gas ported for full power defensive loads.
    Generally agree, except that BC3G has us also shooting slugs and certain....."uncooperative" steel requiring greater umph.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Generally agree, except that BC3G has us also shooting slugs and certain....."uncooperative" steel requiring greater umph.
    You can shoot slugs through a big ported Remmy gas gun, it's just harder on it for wear. The other way around is where the cycling problems occur.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You can shoot slugs through a big ported Remmy gas gun, it's just harder on it for wear. The other way around is where the cycling problems occur.
    True.....maybe I'll look into an alternate barrel, or possibly enlarging the ports on mine (gulp) ???

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I discovered last week that the 11-87 will cycle reliably using Winchester AA Super Sport, with 1-1/8 oz. of no. 7-1/2 (rated at 1300 fps). I then used this ammo at a local 3-gun match Saturday without a hiccup.

At last, a low brass (relatively) load that works in this gun! Still not the cheapest around, but a lot less than what I had been using, and easier on the shoulder too.

Not sure if this is from the gun now having been "run in", or if it would have worked all along. Either way an improvement, and I'm glad I didn't end up having to make any modifications.

This ammo has enough kick to cycle, but not any more than that. Apparently, persistence with sampling the myriad of shotgun loads available out there can pay off.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's what I shoot in my Benelli M1 almost exclusively. I like the 7 1/2s better than the 8s too.

I got my HK/Benelli M1 running reliably again. After cutting the factory tube and adding an eight shot SRM tube and replacing the carrier it's now GTG. I shot 60 rounds through it on Wed at Blaster22s house.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    .....I got my HK/Benelli M1 running reliably again......it's now GTG......
    Good deal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345