Thread: mesa tactical

Feedback Score

mesa tactical

Has anyone tried their recoil reduction kit? I currently have a 500 with a 20 inch barrel 8 shot capacity version. It's mainly for HD use but I do enjoy taking it out every now and then. It originally came with just a pistol grip. So I then purchased an ATI adjustable stock and even though the stock has a load of padding I really don't like it.

So I sold the stock and was looking at Knoxx Blackhawk recoil reducing stock. Several people have tried talking me out of going that route stating that while it does reduce recoil some when firing slugs, it feels cheap. My local gun store suggested I look at the mesa tactical LEO kit and well for 285.00 it better be a damn good kit.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We have two Mesa Tactical Urbino stocks in the house with the Limbsaver recoil pads. One is on my Benelli M4, the other no my wife's 870. I find them superior to the Speedfeed stock on my duty 870. If you want a usable stock, minus gimmicky springs and crap, like the Knoxx/Blackhawk stock has, just get the Urbino.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 10-23-12 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    We have two Mesa Tactical Urbino stocks in the house with the Limbsaver recoil pads. One is on my Benelli M4, the other no my wife's 870. I find them superior to the Speedfeed stock on my duty 870. If you want a usable stock, minus gimmicky springs and crap, like the Knoxx/Blackhawk stock has, just get the Urbino.
    Mesa tactical urbino is not available for the 500's. the mesa Leo kit with the recoil reducing stock is a great set up. The only down fall is the safety location and action release.