Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE MODEL 10

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Beautiful gun. I've admired your work ever since I saw a Model 60 you'd re-worked sitting on your table at a show in Louisville a year or so ago. In fact, I tried to buy it, but it was a customer's gun for display only.

I really need to bring one of my J-frames to you one of these days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Can you tell us a bit more about the parkerizing? Do you do it inhouse? - john
    I do not park in house I have a good friend that dose it for me.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailer View Post
    Beautiful gun. I've admired your work ever since I saw a Model 60 you'd re-worked sitting on your table at a show in Louisville a year or so ago. In fact, I tried to buy it, but it was a customer's gun for display only.

I really need to bring one of my J-frames to you one of these days.
    I would be glad to have you.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    I'm sure you friend will be well pleased. Very NICELY done. Got to love the old revolvers!

Is there a reason you chose to have the revolver parkerized over having it reblued? if so, why? Did you bead blast the revolver before parkerizing?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    On these classic revolvers, I'd have insisted on not re-finishing as a holster worn blued wheelie has charm and character than a parkerized finish cannot match. But that's personal preference only offered because the OP specifically asked for the feedback.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    I have a soft spot in my heart for K Frame Smith&Wesson revolvers. There is one just like it at the LGS. This makes me want to go wheel and deal for it.

Feedback Score
    That parkerizing looks pretty cool. Great way to bring some life back and give it a unique look IMO.

Last gun show I picked up one when I was working the table for the club. I didn't let it in past the inspection table.

Ignore the sig250 please... It was a gift from a well meaning family member. It doesn't stay covered in fingerprints either. That picture was literally the day I brought it home.

Last edited by fury413rb; 12-05-12 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your re-done model 10 looks really nice that finish should wear very well.

I sent my AUS Victoria police trade-in model 10 back to S&W for a re-blue and slapped some Altamont grips on it and it turned out fairly well.

Last edited by HKGuns; 12-15-12 at 20:31.

Feedback Score
    It is too bad the current generation of shooters obsessed with plastic fantastic and high capacity do not show enough appreciation for the classics-
    A model 10 with appropriate loads is effective stone dead reliable can stay loaded forever without issue, pretty much never needs spring or part replacement for decades and will outshoot for accuracy just about any modern auto.
    My own thin barrel 10 ( cost me a whopping $165) will hold a five inch hand held group at 50 yards- no way any glock/sig/hk/x'd can do that

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It is too bad the current generation of shooters obsessed with plastic fantastic and high capacity do not show enough appreciation for the classics-
    You're correct, they think they have it all figured out in "most" cases. However, with experience they "should" learn to appreciate all of those that came before.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast