Thread: A nice double

Feedback Score

A nice double

Went calling for the first time this season. Put in 3 stands. First two were blanks, with one sighting about 800yds out. Third stand produced a nice double.

Took the first dog at 25yds, right in front of the mojo-critter decoy. Hit the pup distress for a minute. Nothing. Got back on the rabbit distress and about a minute later another dog showed up about 450yds out. He was circling toward some trees, so I waited until he stopped for a broadside about 375yds and dumped him with the 22-250.

We could use some more snow to make them a bit easier to see!

Anyone else been out?
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    Went calling for the first time this season. Put in 3 stands. First two were blanks, with one sighting about 800yds out. Third stand produced a nice double.

Took the first dog at 25yds, right in front of the mojo-critter decoy. Hit the pup distress for a minute. Nothing. Got back on the rabbit distress and about a minute later another dog showed up about 450yds out. He was circling toward some trees, so I waited until he stopped for a broadside about 375yds and dumped him with the 22-250.

We could use some more snow to make them a bit easier to see!

Anyone else been out?
    Been out twice this month. First time called in three and got shots off at two. Missed both. Went out yesterday and got one in to about 75 yards but I think he smelled us and took off.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Very Nice! And excellent shot on that 2nd one too!

I just nailed one last week that I had been after for a week after I saw him on the game cam chomping some of my wild boar offal:

Shot him at night @ 150 yards through the heart with the FLIR T-50 Thermal Weapon Sight and ACOG TA02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nicely done! I need to get out soon...
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    What's all that white stuff? Is it contagious?

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Feedback Score
    Been out 3 times this year, called 7 in 7 stands, one dry stand and one double, only killed 4 though. Deer season opened last week so Im out till December now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    What's all that white stuff?
    EDITED OUT DUMB COMMENT
    Last edited by K.L. Davis; 11-14-12 at 14:29. Reason: Complaints from forum users
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    been out quite a few times called a lot in but no dead dogs. bad shooting on me and my buddys part missed three dogs at 30yards and in. they seem to love howls then pup distress. now if i can do my part.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nicely done Gents!