Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakley Boots?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Oakley Boots?

I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with oakley boots. I know of someone carrying them locally and they actually make boots in my size (15 EEE) so I was thinking of giving them a try.

I have read good reviews at online shoe stores, but wanted to hear what you guys thought.

Feedback Score
    edited-I decided I do not have enough wear on mine to post a valid opinion.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 10-27-12 at 05:28.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I used them for a few years, some people have issues but I think they're worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    How are they as far as comfort and support ?

Feedback Score
    Out of the box * I meant to add

Feedback Score
    Personally I love them. I wore them in Iraq and Afghanistan and now i wear them in black as a LEO.

They fit true to size and are very comfortable. They are pretty light and require little to no break in time out of the box. The only down side might be that they tend to wear out pretty fast if you are using them really hard, i.e patrolling in rocky mountainous terrain. As a LEO, I am completely satisfied. they offer protection like a boot, but agility of a shoe.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Chuck_B; 10-27-12 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree with Chuck_B I'm on my second pair, bought the 1st pair in spring of '07 and wore them every day until last summer with 7 months of that time in Iraq. My second pair is holding up just fine, even survived a motorcycle crash, the EMTs cut the laces and there were some scuffs on the leather and sole from either the bike, the car that hit me or the pavement but you can't even see them any more. My only real complaint is that the heals do tend to wear down fast, but for the price and comfort they are GTG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Perhaps I will give them a try. I have not heard anyone say they are bad yet. Most reviews seem to be either they are good to go or that they are pretty good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wold pass. I have a pair of 6" assault boots that went south within 1 year of not to heavy use. Mine began to sepate the upers from the sole and ii had a local shoe repair shop reglue and sew the sole all the way around the boot. On a positive they breath well and are light.
    Of course the pairs they make now have stitching all the way around.
    I have since purchased a pair of Merrells and there's no looking back.
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJLman View Post
    I wold pass. I have a pair of 6" assault boots that went south within 1 year of not to heavy use. Mine began to sepate the upers from the sole and ii had a local shoe repair shop reglue and sew the sole all the way around the boot. On a positive they breath well and are light.
    Of course the pairs they make now have stitching all the way around.
    I have since purchased a pair of Merrells and there's no looking back.
    My problem is I have never seen a pair of Merrells in my size. My wife wears Merrells and loves them but with my huge feet, the selection is always limited.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast