Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oakley Boots?

Feedback Score
    One word: GARBAGE.

If you want comfortable boots that fall apart, literally, after one month then Oakley boots are for you. I know at least 15 other friends who had the same thing happen. Put your money towards salomon, asolo, merrell, or lowas. Oakley makes great eyepro but terrible boots.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any experience with tactical research boots?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    RE: Oakley 8" Assault Boots - Temperate

Five-plus years of continuous wear through two pairs, and in a variety of environments, including downrange. No complaints and would order again; however, be advised that I have always sourced mine through www.usstandardissue.com, meaning that I've always purchased the Made in USA variant.

If you look in Oakley's retail stores, you can find the same product (to all appearances) that is clearly marked as import production if you are paying attention. Quality looks much the same to the eye, but I would not want to wager that they actually are the same thing; especially at full retail. Bottom line? I think Oakley is GTG if you're eligible to be a standard issue customer; otherwise, there are probably better commercial options for the same money on the full retail market.

AC

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    RE: Oakley 8" Assault Boots - Temperate

Five-plus years of continuous wear through two pairs, and in a variety of environments, including downrange. No complaints and would order again; however, be advised that I have always sourced mine through www.usstandardissue.com, meaning that I've always purchased the Made in USA variant.

If you look in Oakley's retail stores, you can find the same product (to all appearances) that is clearly marked as import production if you are paying attention. Quality looks much the same to the eye, but I would not want to wager that they actually are the same thing; especially at full retail. Bottom line? I think Oakley is GTG if you're eligible to be a standard issue customer; otherwise, there are probably better commercial options for the same money on the full retail market.

AC
    That is very helpful info, thanks.

Feedback Score
    They aren't bad boots but I found they ran more narrow than the other boots I have run (Addidas, Lowa, Asolo). Just make sure whoever you buy them from has a good return policy in case you have to mess with the sizes.
    Dulce bellum inexpertis

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    I e had a pair for duty wear for about 3 years. Mine were also purchased via usstandardissue. Made in the US.

I like them better than my Danner Acadia's.

They are comfortable, pretty light, and have held up well.

My favorite are my Lowa mega camps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with AC.

I've bought 3 pairs (8", 6" and LSA terrains) on standard issue.

The 8" gave up after 4 months in country, but I wore them through the entire 3 month workup and for 2 years of guard weekends before that.

The 6" made it the last 6 months in country plus the trip home. They would have lasted alot longer, but I had to put them on without socks once and tore the heelcup up. duct tape held for a while, but I decided to move on.

I bought the LSA's on a whim because they were $65. I like them so far, if I'm not on my feet on hard surfaces for extended periods of time (8+ hrs).

I think the made in USA variants are worth the standard issue price. I'd like to see Oakley make a boot with the 6" LSA upper and the sole of the assault boots, perfect in my mind.
    OEF X-XI

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It should be noted that not ALL SI boots from Oakley are made stateside.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    I have a pair of SI lows that I still wear after getting them nearly three years ago. I've used them for countless classes as well as every day wear. I would definitely buy them again, or try a different model Oakley boot/shoe. The only thing other than wear on the sole that has come apart is the Oakley logo on the tongue, which has no bearing on anything at all. No separation anywhere between panels or the upper/lower.
    www.Renegade-Armament.com
    01 FFL/03 SOT
    NRA Pistol Instructor

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Bought on post

I would assume that my boots since they were bought on post at Ft. Rucker would be part of the US Standard Issue program and made in the good 'ol US of A. Maybe I got a lemon as the widget/production rule applies to damn near everything.
    Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.
    Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast