Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheapest Accurate MidWeight Bullet for 5.56 AR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah... in their defense, it's probably not as easy to do volume and achieve the quality that you or I demand.

On the other hand, Federal Gold Medal Match ammo is an example of good factory stuff.

When we come across a box of Black Hills ammo, we don't shoot it. We pull it appart and salvage the components.
    I could never achieve their volume, but quality is another thing. For federal to produce some of the most accurate ammo with basically any firearm in that caliber with there gold medal match line is amazing. Blows black hills out of the water with quality and quantity.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    I could never achieve their volume, but quality is another thing. For federal to produce some of the most accurate ammo with basically any firearm in that caliber with there gold medal match line is amazing. Blows black hills out of the water with quality and quantity.
    It's good to see that someone else is paying attention. Pappabear and I are always scratching our heads wondering WHY Black Hills has a good reputation.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One of my buddies has the rcbs tool that checks for run out. We wanted to test a couple factory loads against our own. We only had mk262, and fgmm loaded with 77mk. We tested some other loads, but they did not have bullets black hills loads.

That day we checked run out on the mk262, federal gold medal match 77, and some of our loads using the 77mk. We seated the bullets using the rcbs competition seating die. The black hills ammo ranged from 7-9 thousandths of run out. The federal had 4-7 thousandths of run out. Our loads were all under 5 thousandths.

That experience made me wonder about there reputation, and loading abilities. Bottom line is a smaller company like black hills should be able to maintain a higher standard of quality. If federal can do it at a much higher volume wtf is wrong with black hills. Black hills is overpriced junk.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like Hornady 75gr HPBT over 23gr of H335 and my barrel is 1:7

Feedback Score
    Wow, how did this turn into a bash Black Hills thread. That was never my intention...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123