Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sandy inbound

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Sandy refugees say life in tent city feels like prison

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A90BV20121110
    Good article that reinforces why its best to have your destiny controlled by yourself and not others... Definitely NOT a situation I'd want a wife and children (especially daughters) exposed too.

Interesting quotes too...

"The post-storm housing — a refugee camp on the grounds of the Monmouth Park racetrack - is in lockdown, with security guards at every door, including the showers.

No one is allowed to go anywhere without showing their I.D. Even to use the bathroom, "you have to show your badge," "

"They treat us like we're prisoners," says Ashley Sabol, 21, of Seaside Heights, New Jersey. "It's bad to say, but we honestly feel like we're in a concentration camp."

Some empty vodka bottles appeared on the muddy street. There were now far more men than women or children, and the women said it was impossible not to notice the leering of some men.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Sandy refugees say life in tent city feels like prison

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A90BV20121110
    These People are Bitching over what? Because they refused to accept personal responsibility for their own wellbeing with some simple planning or following common since evacuation orders and getting out of dodge before the storm hit.

Now I understand that the elderly and medically/mentally disabled people may not have had the means to relocate but I would suggest that the mass of those in the shelter had the mentality of denial before the storm and then entitlement once the storm forced them out.

FEMA remembers the crazy crap that occurred in the shelters in New Orleans and has taken steps not to repeat past mistakes such as beefed up security and more defined rules and scheduled events such as feeding and shower times.

Wow such hardship, they have three hots and a cot with heat and showers and they bitch that all the free services they receive feels like a prison.

Hell I would like to hear what they would say if they had to endure the conditions in the Haiti disaster camps. These people in NY need to get a grip on reality.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    These People are Bitching over what? Because they refused to accept personal responsibility for their own wellbeing with some simple planning or following common since evacuation orders and getting out of dodge before the storm hit.

Now I understand that the elderly and medically/mentally disabled people may not have had the means to relocate but I would suggest that the mass of those in the shelter had the mentality of denial before the storm and then entitlement once the storm forced them out.

FEMA remembers the crazy crap that occurred in the shelters in New Orleans and has taken steps not to repeat past mistakes such as beefed up security and more defined rules and scheduled events such as feeding and shower times.

Wow such hardship, they have three hots and a cot with heat and showers and they bitch that all the free services they receive feels like a prison.

Hell I would like to hear what they would say if they had to endure the conditions in the Haiti disaster camps. These people in NY need to get a grip on reality.
    Exactly. The problem with the people in NY is that the city has given them everything and what happens after that? they get used to it and when shit happens then there they are bitching. I been saying it the whole time, these people here all they do is depend on the government, they don't want to take responsibility in their own shit. What most pisses me off is that the other day I was passing channels and stopped in the "40 most shocked moments of hip hop" and one of them was a "rapper" who was recently signed to a multi-million dollar contract and the mofo showed up in a LIMO to a cashing place and when he was asked what he was doing there he said " I came to cash out my welfare check, IF they give you free money, take it" mofo then hopped back into his LIMO and left. WHAT A DISGRACE THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME. If that was in the 90's. imagine now.
    Everybody wanna be like mike!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    NYC storm victims' homes looted over Thanksgiving

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-storm-vict...165154176.html
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I guess living in Florida makes me look at the whole "superstorm Sandy" thing and cringe just a bit. While not downplaying the damage or the impact on peoples lives, it hit as a catagory one for Gods sake. In Fl. a Cat-1 is barely newsworthy. I know that this is because we have, in comparison to NY/NJ, lots more of these things then they do but still, the beauty of any hurican (as opposed to tornadoes and earthquakes) is you can see the damn things coming weeks in advance. If you wait until the last minute to prep for it, you have a problem. If experience has taught us (those that pay attention) anything, it's that the government has other priorities in a natural distaster then you. History has shown that government responses are never as fast as those in need think they should be and it's worse when those in need have no or limited capacity to care for themselves in times of disaster.

Wiser folks then me have warned the NE for years that this was coming and that they were vulnerable, and as usual, no one listened and now are shocked at the outcome. They are lucky that it didn't hit as a true Cat-2 or Cat-3 as things would be much worse for much longer. Hopefully they learn, and some will, but for others, once the power is back on and everyhting in their own personal life is back to normal, they'll forget all about it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs down

NY mostly ignored reports warning of superstorm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...storm/1755733/
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112