Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandy inbound

Feedback Score
    Praying for you guys. We semi used to junk like this in Ga...semi. God speed. That looting post made my skin crawl

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PhilaPD- There is no such thing as quiet REAL raingear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    PhilaPD- There is no such thing as quiet REAL raingear.
    For cold weather use like now I'M thinking thicker treated wool products.

Had a 74mph wind gust just a few minutes ago, trees dropping all over the place but I'M seeing mega cords of free fire wood when its all over.

As for looting no reports so far on my radio as even the crooks are keeping there heads down for now, but if the power stays out once the wind and rain moves out then it may get a bit nasty in the business sections.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 10-29-12 at 18:10.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All you guys in Sandy's path stay safe.

RGGreen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So far so good in upstate NY. Still have power, very few downed trees. I just drove 25 miles to work through the storm. Other than my boxy Jeep getting thrown around a bit in the wind, it ain't no thang.

Philla PD, thank you for taking care of your neighbors. You're made of good stuff sir.

iPhone/Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My little sister lives in Annandale, NJ and last I heard from her, they had lost power briefly but it came back on and the wind and rain wasn't all that bad.

We grew up not too far from SMETNA so I know she can handle just about anything the storm throws her way. I remember the ice storm of '91, we were without power, heat and running water for I think ten days, thankfully the neighbors had a wood stove and generator, my dad spent the whole week down in town at the fire hall responding to calls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Gusts hitting better then 60mph and several trees down on different neighbors properties which I have laid claim to two nice Oaks and one Black Walnut for fire wood once everything blows over.

The dogs alerted to something out back of the property and one of my perimeter alerts signaled in the same area so I geared up to took a look. After a minute I found the neighbors Golden Lab shaking in a ball behind one of my sheds so when I went to return the dog to its owner no one was home so now I have yet another guest to feed dinner to but on the good side all the dogs know each other so there is no issues to deal with.

Learned a few lessons about high wind patrolling that my dark gray rain gear made to much flapping noise in the wind and that my Aim point sight lens had so much water on them it was very hard to see the dot. I'M treating the lens with some Rain X and will be looking for more quiet wet weather clothing for use during high wind patrol.

Who the **** just leaves their pets to fend for themselves? Bah.

Feedback Score
    Local college closed down over a little rain. Just getting high wind gusts now at 3am here in Upstate NY, but rain was minimal.

Night went real smooth, made/delivered a bunch of pizza. Only hassle was a few dicks that didn't tip. Looks like my area got only the lightest graze of Sandy's tail.

I hope all of the rest of you guys stay safe, and bounce back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 500grains View Post
    Reality check!

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    And some wonder why I need so many mags . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    The dogs alerted to something out back of the property and one of my perimeter alerts signaled in the same area so I geared up to took a look. After a minute I found the neighbors Golden Lab shaking in a ball behind one of my sheds so when I went to return the dog to its owner no one was home so now I have yet another guest to feed dinner to but on the good side all the dogs know each other so there is no issues to deal with.
    Now that is just f**ked up. Good on you Phila for taking it in and your elderly neighbor.

Stay safe gents!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Got some good winds and lots of rain up here in NH...power went out around 10pm. Just decided to go to bed...woke up at 630am and power was still out so I fired up the backup genny. I picked it up and had it wired into the house last year right after Irene...we had no power for 4 days after that one. Havent used it yet until now except for a few test runs...I gotta say - I can get by without power just fine, but having it sure makes living with the wife a lot easier! She's happy so Im happy...

Hope everyone is safe out there! I grew up on Long Island and still have a ton of family down there so I'll need to make some calls today. My parents had 2 trees fall down but didnt hit anything major luckily. One did land right where my dad normally parks his brand new truck, but fortunately he had moved it the night before. I guess close to a million people on LI are without power...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast