Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Nighthawk? GRP Recon vs Falcon

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The other Falcon showed up. Turns out that it was in the system wrong and is actually a 4-1/4 inch barrel model.

In any case, I got impatient and they gave me a screaming deal on the GRP. A better deal than I could have gotten a year or two ago, when I thought these things were somewhat reasonably priced (as opposed to today's fairly obscene, IMHO, pricing). So I'm happy.

I love 1911s and have been without for far too long. Ultimately, though, I think that this experience has proven to me once and for all that the 1911 is obsolescent. And sadly, it seems to me that the top tier manufacturers have been as responsible for this as anyone or anything else.

I suppose that what I understand least is why it is that no one has taken the best part of the 1911 (trigger) and combined it with the best parts of a Glock or H&K (drop-in parts fit, excellent durability). (rant off)
    I'm sorry but this is exactly why nighthawk is still in business and still doing price increases. They didn't deliver what they said they were going to and then you settled for the gun you didn't want because they dropped the price. I've watched them do that same move to two of my customers.

They offered me a different gun twice during my wait and i told them i wanted the gun i ordered. When they delivered my gun 5 months past due and it was incorrect and sporting a blemished finish I told them to eat the gun and I took my business somewhere else.

Stand up for your money, demand they respect your purchase power.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It was the LGS that offered me the better price, not NHC. They offered me the same deal on the Falcon, too. But where the normal price difference made the differences between the weapons irrelevant (IMHO), the pricing that the LGS offered opened up the difference significantly. To the point where I could probably buy the NHC extended, beveled magwell/MSH, the 10-8 rear, have the latter installed by a local gunsmith, and still have enough money left over to buy one- or two-hundred rounds of training ammo for the same price.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The other Falcon showed up. Turns out that it was in the system wrong and is actually a 4-1/4 inch barrel model.

In any case, I got impatient and they gave me a screaming deal on the GRP. A better deal than I could have gotten a year or two ago, when I thought these things were somewhat reasonably priced (as opposed to today's fairly obscene, IMHO, pricing). So I'm happy.

I love 1911s and have been without for far too long. Ultimately, though, I think that this experience has proven to me once and for all that the 1911 is obsolescent. And sadly, it seems to me that the top tier manufacturers have been as responsible for this as anyone or anything else.

I suppose that what I understand least is why it is that no one has taken the best part of the 1911 (trigger) and combined it with the best parts of a Glock or H&K (drop-in parts fit, excellent durability). (rant off)
    Congratulations. FWIW, I like having a rail on a handgun. You may not be able to carry concealed with a light attached, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have the option of attaching the light in other situations.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have an older RCS for a 1911 with X300 that conceals OK OWB. I'll definitely pick up a Comp-Tac MTAC, though. Mine has spoiled me with my P30.

ETA: The RCS will probably go on the war belt.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-03-12 at 14:14.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Brief update:

The Falcon got back to the dealer on Wednesday. By my calendar, it was out for less than three weeks.

They refinished it in all black, as I had asked. The grip screw bushings work exactly as they are supposed to. And while I could find minor blemishes on the pistol before it was sent back, I am unable to find any, now.

Lovely, lovely pistol. Of course, the jury's still out about whether or not she'll run!
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    It was the LGS that offered me the better price, not NHC. They offered me the same deal on the Falcon, too. But where the normal price difference made the differences between the weapons irrelevant (IMHO), the pricing that the LGS offered opened up the difference significantly. To the point where I could probably buy the NHC extended, beveled magwell/MSH, the 10-8 rear, have the latter installed by a local gunsmith, and still have enough money left over to buy one- or two-hundred rounds of training ammo for the same price.
    This is why I have an NHC pistol - when they appear for the right price, they're still really nice guns and you have so much leftover you can change what few parts you dislike.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I have a GRP recon... and LOVE it. it's a high price to pay, but it's quality that is of the highest value. you can inbox or email me if you have any questions about mine or want any detailed pics. mines green framed,black slide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12