Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt M16A1 rifle info

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When the FALs were brought into the US, it was required the upper receiver was cut to de-mil it and the rest of the parts sold as kits. Commercial made receivers are used to bring these rifles back to life.

The same happened to select fire AR rifles. The lowers were de-milled and the parts sold as kits to be rebuilt on semi-auto only lowers. The Italian legal conversion described is against the law in the U.S.

It would be cool to have been able to keep the select fire of these rifles, but semi-auto works very well and gives them a new lease on life. Better they be converted to semi-auto than scrapped.

Cool rifles
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is very interesting and 1800E is surely not bad comparatively. A random question for you - is it possible to become a gun dealer in Italy as an individual, and if so does this allow you to own fully automatic firearms? Are there any civilians who own (and shoot) functioning fully automatic firearms?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    That is very interesting and 1800E is surely not bad comparatively. A random question for you - is it possible to become a gun dealer in Italy as an individual, and if so does this allow you to own fully automatic firearms? Are there any civilians who own (and shoot) functioning fully automatic firearms?
    as an individual I can become a gun dealer but I wont have access to auto weapons like in the US just because I'm a dealer.
    some Importers can temporary own banned items like silencers if they are going to the mil/leo/govt agencies.

auto weapons were legal to own, then the govt changed the law due to terrorism (brigate rosse) and mafia in 1975.
    those with a auto weapon license could keep them but cant sell them.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12