Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech 553 Experiences

Feedback Score
    The 553's mount is garbage.
    I just love it when someone says something is garbage and offers no explanation or pictures backing up their claim. It it is garbage then let us know the facts, the facts being from your personal expierence. Then all the facts and pictures can be sent to the manufacturer and hopefully the problem will be dealt with accordingly.

If you have nothing backing this up then it is just more internet BS and has no place here.

Feedback Score

It seems that most would agree with him though. The arms levers are prone to breakage and there may be zero retention issues with them due to the mount. I will admit 100% that I do not have any experience with them, but when you hear it enough from guys you respect, it becomes irrelevant. From what I understand, they are finally coming out with a standard mount model that will take 123 bats. This may be GTG.

Matt

Feedback Score
    The 553 might really have some problems but what I really hate is when the something is said on one forum (true or not) and is repeated without first hand knowledge on another. Then everyone believes that it is true because, hell, everyone says it is.

It does not matter what it is, I want to see actual proof of what is screwed up about it and hear what the manufaturer has to say.

I am going to write EOTech and ask them if they are having any QC problems. When I get their answer I will post it here.

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. I'd be interested to hear what they say.
    Just trying to help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have some in-op 553s. I got a dozen of them and have DX'd 4 of them, 2 for mounts being broken (AMRS levers, first installation) and 2 for fried brains (operator error, in all fairness. Some guys refuse to believe the heat from a barrel will cook the Eotech if it's on your handguard).

They are proving a lot more durable than 552s we had prior, though. I just wish they didn't have that mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The mount like most ARMS stuff (inc My Atilla-200) get sloppy when out on different uppers/forends with variying specs.

I was disappoint in the two 553's I've had - both becoming worthless on some guns (wont lock up) after being put on another -- Larue upper on one and Hk416 for the other.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same thing with my VITAL II on my personal gun.

As for the battery issue, I have yet to go anywhere in Iraq that didn't have pallets of 123 batteries. A quarter-million RFI Surefires use them, adaptors for the MBITR, the PEQ-15 that's trickling out, COMSEC devices, etc.

Feedback Score
    To all the guys here that actually has had hands on the faulty units thanks for posting. That is the kind of information that I was looking for.

Feedback Score
    I had 1 553 that the mounts failed they would pop open about every dozen or so rounds fired hard and fast.

it did this on 4 different carbines,

Eo replaced the unit in about a weeks times.

my 555 noissue after 1k rounds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Steve, did the 553 flop around on the upper? It seems like it would have had no pressure on the upper if the lever opened just from firing. Oh well, that's ARMS for you...

Their new MRE style rail looks nice, although I threw up a little just for admitting that ARMS made something decent.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast