Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bushmaster - DPMS

Feedback Score

bushmaster - DPMS

Iv got a couple of questions again, I have an older bushmaster m4 clone and a DPMS 308T, Ive had both rifles for about 6yrs. The dpms would fail to pick next rnd and lock open on empty. It was so tight I had to break open over my knee. I started using high speed axle grease instead of oil on it. It runs fine did trigger job on both. I dont get into many fire fights with them and zombies dont shoot back. But my question is why some sites are so open to trashing theese weapons. Is it the newer ones that are bad. Mine never fail to fire no matter what I put in them and both have good accuracy the ar15 at 100yd and dpms out to 200 thats all the room I have. I realize there are higher priced rifles but are theese really that bad.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bad as what? Range toy? Plinker? Duty rifle? Self defense?

DPMS or Bushmaster might be suitable for some roles, unsuitable for others.

Feedback Score
    Well the bush is ar15 its set up with red dot flashlight / laser also have quick connect 3x9 scope and co witness buis for red dot I use it as my home defense, camp,plinking rifle if shtf I plan on it. I use the dpms 308T for hunting, Target, shtf longer range rifle so I guess they are my go to rifles I have pistols, shotguns and a Rem 700. 300 mag for long distance. I dont have any high dollar rifles this is it, But alot of sites say these are inferior rifles and dont bet your life on them. So I guess Im asking why, as they have never given me a problem. Just wanting to know what to look for or sell them and buy one high dollar rifle. I dont think I need piston driven as I clean my stuff and take good care of it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know a guy that had a Yugo that never gave him a problem. Point being...anecdotes don't tell the story, especially if you don't push the rifle. The brands you mention are generally considered to be akin to buying a Chinese-import power drill from Harbor Freight. Might never give you a problem until you try to use it to build your new garage.

Accuracy is only a small part of the quality-AR equation. If you're looking at a quality, professional-grade rifle, you'd be better off looking at Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, Noveske. Yes, you'll pay more. Just like you pay more for a Milwaukee drill than what you can buy at your local Unclaimed Freight store.

Feedback Score
    I understand what your saying but in the beginning bushmaster was a good reputibale rifle when did it go the other way back then there was no larue, etc there was colt, armalite but theese other co were not there. so is it they were junk then or junk now. Are the older rifles better or should I sell and re buy, I guess that would be up to me to decide. Are you really comparing bushmaster to yugo, that dont sound good guess I better reconsider

Feedback Score
    Do you rememeber the most rounds you fired out of either in a 1-8 hour period?

Feedback Score
    My head hurts now.

Feedback Score
    well to be honest probally 200 at most out either one in a day. And for a battle situation that could be done in a few minutes and I see where youre comming from by not pushing the rifle far enough. Which in a shthf situation is not the time to find out. So what is recomended in a 7.62 If I spend that much would probally just go this route and skip 5.56 all together cant afford both if were talkin 3000.00 per gun just want what works and can bet my family's life on. Thanks response appreciated so who is the best and dependable My friend has socom but he has had issues with it he also has FAL or FL I dont remember which and it also seems finicky at times. What do the pro's use everyday
    Last edited by jon308; 11-03-12 at 11:28. Reason: mispell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robfromsc View Post
    My head hurts now.
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the opportunity last year at a three day rifle course to assist (I have some limited utility as a human vice it seems) our very own Iraqgunz wrench a DPMS rifle back together for a young, enthusiastic teen shooter who had traveled a long distance to attend the course, so that he could get back into the training (big kudos to the teen and his very supportive parents). The upper was coming apart because DPMS thinks that using a set screw retained gas block is sufficient to retain handguards on said models. It isn't. It is a third rate method that clearly couldn't handle the 13-1500 rounds that had been fired through it at that point on T-3. The rifle had a couple of other issues and 'Gunz spent about thirty minutes on it getting back into firing order. You definitely get what you pay for. To quote a fine, delicate former female co-worker, "buy shit; eat shit".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast