Thread: Video junking

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Video junking

Simple concept: post yourself at the range or where ever with something you want to improve or need help with as far as shooting and technique go. I've been helped by others like this with a lot of my shooting.

This dose not have to be competition oriented.

Friday I posted a video on another forum trying to get my speed(not slide lock) reloads closer to 1:00. After 5 mins someone picked my bullshit and I fixed it. 2 days later(got teeth pulled in between) and I'm almost on top of a 1:00 par now.

vids in question.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82dP...ature=g-crec-u
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gk7-...ature=g-crec-u

The issue corrected was I was bringing the gun almost to my chest when I didnt need to to hit the mag release. Simple right, but you might never notice on your own or with buds.

So, I'll put up the 1st vid.

Kyle D's rifle #2 test. I got my hits but was over the time by .38

JUNK ME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg0c6...ature=g-crec-u

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My recommendation would be to get someone to video you closer to you. I can't see you until the end.

Also what is the drill your trying to beat?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IPSC target
    8 rounds
    1 minute time limit
    16 pts (Vicker's count) in body to pass
    all 4 head shots in head, 2 must be in credit card to pass

Run 50 yds to the 100 yd line, kneeling 2 rds to body
    run to 50 yd line, standing, 2 rds to body
    run to 25 yd line, standing, 2 rds to head
    run to 10 yd line, standing, 2 rds to head

I don't have a contour. One thing I noticed is I didnt have the gun up soon enough coming into the 50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was going to say the gun up was what I noticed on that 50 yarder. You were still shooting within 2-4 seconds from when you stopped. when you are running 25-50 yards you should be running harder than it looked like you were on my tiny little phone video. You should also be running with the rifle in one hand not both which will allow you to really pump your arms and build speed.

Rather than have your buddy run with the timer have him record you and run the timer on your belt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your pistol reloads were smokin' fast in both videos. The only time those standing reloads will matter from 1.0-1.5 are during standards type stages. When you run and gun on a field course it doesn't matter. If you get your hits on those standards type stages 1.5 seconds is more than adequate as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks.

Ive had a couple pistol stages where there where multiple arrays with maybe only a step between them and limited guys burned thru, while prod guys where winning or losing on the reloads.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Thanks.

Ive had a couple pistol stages where there where multiple arrays with maybe only a step between them and limited guys burned thru, while prod guys where winning or losing on the reloads.

Not much I can really say here that Jesse hasn't. It looks like your kinda loly-gagging into your setups. Run faster, really bend your knees and lower your center of gravity as you come into position and get your gun up faster. Really though your only .38 over. Mover faster= take more time with the shoots.

BTW I frigging love KD's rifle drills.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not much I can really say here that Jesse hasn't. It looks like your kinda loly-gagging into your setups. Run faster, really bend your knees and lower your center of gravity as you come into position and get your gun up faster. Really though your only .38 over. Mover faster= take more time with the shoots.

BTW I frigging love KD's rifle drills.
    For sure, Im gonna do this again on friday. Im gonna try to glide better into stops.

Feedback Score
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW06DwJzLNY

Kinda how they do it in this video......

BTW which position did you throw the 2 into the c zone? Practice those slow fire.

And for whatever reason I found that if I pointed with my support hand finger index finger it helped me with the head shots.
    Last edited by Badger; 11-07-12 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    one at 100, one at 50. I called the at 100.

My head shots were derp from my lack of hold over.