Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Super Tuesday the kick off to the Buying/Hoarding Season?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Is Super Tuesday the kick off to the Buying/Hoarding Season?

Its coming down to the wire with the presidential election being this Tuesday and the future of 2nd Amendment may just hang in the balance.

Obama appears to have regained a edge with the independent vote from recent polls and Romney in my opinion just did not have the right message or tactics in the finial weeks to pull off the big win.

Now I'M still hoping Romney has a late surge and steals the win and later appoints some pro 2nd amendment judges to the S/C but the odds of this happening seem to be fading if current polls are correct.

So if Obama spread enough bullshit about to take the election this Tuesday do you think it will trigger a instant firearms related buying panic by those worried about a future AWB, Executive Orders or future appointments to the S/C?

Where are you guys at and what will be your future buying strategy the day after should Mr. Anti-Second Amendment win the election?
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 11-04-12 at 08:53.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    To be honest, the gun show yesterday still had a wide selection of firearms and ammo. AR's were abundant.

I don't think the general public is panic buying, but I do see signs of it on websites - lack of ammo, people snapping up 100-packs of magazines and multiple K rounds of ammo.

I would argue that it's already happening for some folks.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I would argue that it's been happening for some time in the internet. The only difference is that the manufactures have been hoping/anticipating this, and have been increasing production for some time.

I think the down turn in the economy vs. four years ago has put a damper on some of the panic buying from those who would be most apt to panic buy in the first place.

Grant had a thread going about a year or so on this topic. Sales in the firearms industry has been strong for a while.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My strategy will be to buy what I can afford. If doofus wins, I do think he will go as far as possible to further his disarmament agenda. He won't be worried about re-election and will go full steam ahead. I anticipate he will attack the 2nd on many, many fronts: taxation on components, ammo, configuration limits, registration taxes -definitely try another AWB. Imagine NFA level type taxation & license review on "normal" arms that won't be 5-6 months but years!

Just look, his good Chicago buddies got thier new gun sales and ammo tax passed.

Chicago's Cook County OKs gun tax to defray costs of violence

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8A201O20121103

Feedback Score
    Isnt Nov. 5Th ammo purchase day

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll speculate that there will be massive hoarding but I will not be participating in it. It's really a financial decision. It makes sense to have some guns but beyond that I just see it as a potential liability. By that I mean having all kinds of money tied up in something that may have to be left behind (I'm not humping a dozen rifles/shotguns) or otherwise seized.
    It was 2010 when I first started really thinking about disaster planning and one of the things I did was to buy extra guns which would be distributed to these mythical allies I had created in my mind. I've completely abandoned that as silliness and have now concluded that any person around me that I want to see armed has likely already taken the initiative to do so themselves. The handing out of guns to the unprepared seems to me a recipe to be shot by one's own gun.
    This string of miscalculations has led me to the point where an honest assessment forces me to conclude that I'm now left with "extra" guns which have no real purpose in life other than being extra. I would actually sell some of them if I really needed to turn them into cash but I'm delaying that until if/when necessary. Even with ammo at this point it's really only about keeping up with training demands. I'm seriously freaking out about this election but at this point it has no effect on any purchasing plans of mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just home from two sporting goods retailers. The shelves are still full of guns and ammo, fall hunting and outdoor sales are in full swing, and there's not a lot of talk about Tuesday.

Tuesday will come and go, as will each day that follows. Even if new legislation were a reality, you are six months or more out of seeing it. Plenty of lead time.

Nothing drives panic, shortages, and hoarding like talk of panic, shortages, and hoarding.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    After 4 years of no new gun legislation I doubt you will see the same panic buying as 4 years ago. Not to mention most of those who panic bought last time already bought their guns and will be less likely to do so this time around. I could be wrong but I just don't see the same panic in people's minds this go around.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well, I see lots of $1399 6920 "sales" in the newspaper today and somewhere on the Internet I say Federal 193's for $12 a box! The vendors will surely press for all the market can bear.. Possibly the inflated prices will help to control availability.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    Seems like it's already begun:

Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    Waiting on 20 AR and 10 Glock Magazines to arrive Monday and will add them to the shooting box.

Grabbed 8 steel 30rd Russian AK magazines yesterday from a local shop cheap.

Last night placed a order for four cases of Tulammo in 7.62x39mm expected delivery next Friday.

Making arrangements to buy out a friends stock of Federal M-193 who is moving to Canada to take a new Job.

On Monday will be looking at a slightly used Glock 10mm Pistol for a everyday camp gun. If the deal is right she will be given a comfortable space in the safe until load development is completed.

I decided to make a few acquisitions just encase a buying fury starts up after the election.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast