Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Super Tuesday the kick off to the Buying/Hoarding Season?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
    Seems like it's already begun:
    Originally Posted by Phila PD
    Waiting on 20 AR and 10 Glock Magazines to arrive Monday and will add them to the shooting box.

Grabbed 8 steel 30rd Russian AK magazines yesterday from a local shop cheap.

Last night placed a order for four cases of Tulammo in 7.62x39mm expected delivery next Friday.

Making arrangements to buy out a friends stock of Federal M-193 who is moving to Canada to take a new Job.

On Monday will be looking at a slightly used Glock 10mm Pistol for a everyday camp gun. If the deal is right she will be given a comfortable space in the safe until load development is completed.

I decided to make a few acquisitions just encase a buying fury starts up after the election.:
    The above items are nothing more then a minor restock of items we continuously use and the Glock its just a tool for a specific job. This is not even close to a buying frenzy for me and the wife and the few dollars spent here is nothing.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Meh I'll buy some ammo. I guess the fact that it's a Tuesday is as good as any.

Feedback Score
    I started slowly stocking up a couple of years ago.

If Barry wins, I'll probably make a "token" purchase of twenty more magazines or so, with another case of ammo to follow in a few months, but I'm not going to take out a loan to buy gun stuff like I did during the Clinton years.

Clinton scared the intercourse out of me after Waco and the Brady Law and AWB.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've been acquiring ammo and magazines, and a few firearms over the last year or so and will probably pick up some more if Obama wins. Looks like BHO has the edge and is likely to be elected, and if that happens then I think that an attempt at a magazine ban and an AWB are likely. I certainly wouldn't bet that there will be a grandfather clause this time around.

Feedback Score
    probably, i have heard alot of my friends and family members mentioning that they have always wanted this or that but now they are serious about going out and buying it because of what was stated in the debates. They dont know what i have because i never tell them and i just sit and listen to them. (i have given up on stating my opinions about politics, guns, anything else to most of my friends and family and i am alot happier for it.) but they are all worried that they wont be able to buy their m1 garands, ar15's and so on in the next year.

fleet farm has a 1000 rounds of federal 5.56 55 grain on sale for 309 bucks this week, i might have to swing over. my wife will be pissed since she thinks we have plenty of ammo and need more food and water. she usually lightens up after i tell her after a normal trip to the range we both shoot atleast 200 rounds each. so 1000 more rounds will only make it under 3 visits. we will have to see how i feel after work today.

a buddy of mine did the panic thing in 2008 and bought an ar15 and ar10. he gets upset when he sees how much he overpaid for those items, since he thought he would keep them unfired and sell them for double once obama took away all out guns. he is a moron.
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I found some 308/7.62 ammo on the cheap.. My vast stockpile of 300 rounds looked pretty feeble last night.. LOL.. Cheers.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Our good local gun store was packed with people buying on Saturday. But they have about a million rounds of ammo on hand, plus plenty of good rifles like the new Colt 901, FN SCAR 7.62, etc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I've been acquiring ammo and magazines, and a few firearms over the last year or so and will probably pick up some more if Obama wins. Looks like BHO has the edge and is likely to be elected, and if that happens then I think that an attempt at a magazine ban and an AWB are likely. I certainly wouldn't bet that there will be a grandfather clause this time around.
    Bite your tongue.

Be more worried about the riots and lawyer delays when he loses. He will lose. No one has won an election when the numbers trend against them like they are trending against him. It may be close, or it may be a blowout, but he WILL lose. If he doesn't I will buy into every conspiracy theory posted on this board, even one that says Martians are controlling the election.

I don't know if I've posted in this thread yet or not, but I've been selling. Not the 7.62 or 5.56, but other stuff and doing fairly well on it. I'm very happy with my stash of 5.56 and 7.62x51 and 5.45x39 and pistol calibers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    Bite your tongue.

Be more worried about the riots and lawyer delays when he loses. He will lose. No one has won an election when the numbers trend against them like they are trending against him. It may be close, or it may be a blowout, but he WILL lose. If he doesn't I will buy into every conspiracy theory posted on this board, even one that says Martians are controlling the election.

I don't know if I've posted in this thread yet or not, but I've been selling. Not the 7.62 or 5.56, but other stuff and doing fairly well on it. I'm very happy with my stash of 5.56 and 7.62x51 and 5.45x39 and pistol calibers.
    its not a conspiracy if it is true, damn martians have their little green fingers in everything
    Red Rider BB gun - Lever Action
    Daisy Model 10 BB gun
    Crosman CO2 BB Pistol
    Daisy F16 Slingshot
    McDonalds Straw and spitballs

Can you believe people actually list thier guns as a signature?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The panic began about two years ago, Grant started a thread on it in GD. I just placed a large order for redundant parts i.e.; complete BCM bolts, extractor rebuild kits, DD LPKs, etc. as I think the quality stuff is in high demand and will only sale out. If Barry loses and there is no new ban then I'm set on maintenance parts for awhile. I voted early last month and went and picked up another Colt (6720) from a LE distributor for south of a grand. I called all area stores to price 6920s and no one else carries the 6720s. The LE distributor had 6920s for under a grand while one area high volume dealer already jacked his 6920s up to $1700.

I am sure ammunition is about to become really scarce again.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast