Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Area Range Opening Soon - Seeking Employees and Volunteers

Feedback Score

New Orleans Area Range Opening Soon - Seeking Employees and Volunteers

More Info - http://forum.nolatac.com/showthread....=5522#post5522

Range FB - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-NE...14996888582453

As we start to gear up for our range grand opening, we are currently taking resumes for the following positions:

(1) - Range Manager - (25k-35k, background depending) This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the range and manage the entire store and team. This person must be mature, able to work unsupervised, knowledgeable about firearms and safety, have extraordinary communication, customer service, and motivation traits, and preferably instructor credentials and experience.

Experience working in a commercial range environment is a huge plus as well as experience in dealing with FFL paperwork.

Obvious things like reliable transportation, no criminal history, good personal hygiene, and common sense apply.

(2-4)) - Part- Time Sales and Safety Team members - (10..00 - 15.00 per hour) These individuals will assist the store manger with the day-to-day operations of the range and retail components of the business. They need to have extraordinary communication, customer service, and motivation traits. A knowledge in firearms is desired, but integrity, communication, and desire to learn and work are a must.

(5-10) Volunteer Range Safety Officers - These individuals will volunteer 16 hours per month to assist the safety and sales staff in the day-to-day operations of the range. They will assist new shooters in safety, gear selection, and adherence to the range rules. In exchange for their time, they will receive a free membership to the range, exclusive discounts and volunteer only purchasing opportunities, free seats in NOLATAC taught courses, as well as free training as an NRA Basic Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer (some conditions apply).

(1) Volunteer graphic Artist and Webmaster - This is a volunteer position responsible for helping create advertising and promotional media for the range, upcoming, events, and the forum. This person will receive the same benefits as the Volunteer Range Safety Officers and be integral in promoting awareness and creating the brand of the range.

(1) Part-Time Administrative / Clerical Assistant - This person will assist with daily administrative tasks, answer phones, and assist with marketing. If the skills exist, this persona may also manage payroll and book keeping. This will be a part-time, primarily work from home position. Extremely solid organizational, responsibility, and attention to detail traits required.

Every member of the St Bernard Indoor Shooting Center Team will be certified as an NRA Range Safety Officer and Basic Pistol Instructor within their first year of employment. Opportunities for further training exist and are encouraged. There will also be

It is our goal to build a solid team and then take care of that team so they never want to work anywhere else. If you want to be part of a new venture to benefit the overall community, email us your resume with cover sheet of why you think you would be a great fit to:

info@nolatac.com

Range is located at 212 Aycock St, Arabi, LA 70032

We are scheduled to open around Feb 2013. SOme positions will be filling in the next couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Good luck with the new range man. I've been wanting to get down there and meet and shoot with the 'NOLOTAC crew'.

If I was closer I'd be all over volunteering.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Good luck with the new range man. I've been wanting to get down there and meet and shoot with the 'NOLOTAC crew'.

If I was closer I'd be all over volunteering.

-Jax
    Thanks brother. Just walked out of a permitting and zoning commission with a recommendation to approve.

Got the actual parish council meeting next month to hopefully get the final approval.

Everything is looking good.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Awesome! Good luck in the endeavour man.

Can you enlighten me on what type of range you guys have planned.

Hey if you can there is a 3 gun match on the MS coast this Saturday.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Awesome! Good luck in the endeavour man.

Can you enlighten me on what type of range you guys have planned.

Hey if you can there is a 3 gun match on the MS coast this Saturday.

-Jax
    The location in this thread is a 13 lane indoor range that is 51ft long. We will have all kinds of services and training. We plan to have an armorers shop with all the tools necessary to build AR's and AK'. We plan to have custom kydex holster guys come in and do custom holsters several days month.

We will have medical, knife, self-defense, home defense, armorers, etc courses.

All kinds of stuff. Largest selection of Glock holsters in stock in the state, possibly the tri-state area.

Plenty of stuff...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That is very impressive! I grew up in Louisiana. Maybe I should move back.

Would love to be closer to a facility like that. So I can train with like minded people.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Update?

Any news on whether or not this was approved by the Parrish council?
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    Any news on whether or not this was approved by the Parrish council?

Yes sir. It was approved and we are still trying to open the doors early summer. Might be pushed back a few weeks. We will keep everyone informed on our Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/stbisc

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the response. I will check out your FB page and will be watching with interest to see how this progresses. I'm always up for a trip to New Orleans!
    Send lawyers, guns and money the $#!+ has hit the fan...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolacopusmc View Post
    Yes sir. It was approved and we are still trying to open the doors early summer. Might be pushed back a few weeks. We will keep everyone informed on our Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/stbisc

Thanks
    Awesome!

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast