Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.56mm Suppressor Questions...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My bad, I read your response too fast. Sorry.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    My bad, I read your response too fast. Sorry.
    No blood, no foul. Like I said in my original post, dizzying.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I bought the surefire FA556AR. If I got an AAC it would be the SPR/M4.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX View Post
    I did read the link. What I'm saying is that the 416-SD and SCAR-SD in the 2008 catalog are totally different than what is currently shown on the AAC website.
    The web site is out -of-date. On the first page you will see it even says "06 Models". They are going to update it soon.

Either way I would be hesitant o base a purchase based on a raw dB number.

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    If they are showing $1200 for the 556k, that's pretty close to retail. I'd bet that you could hunt a better price for those.

Check three places:

G&R Tactical
    Polite Society Inc
    ADCO Firearms

The M4-1000 should be no heavier than 19oz, and it's now using the same technology and materials as what they used when it was called the 2006 M4-2000.
    denny retails both SF 556 cans way under msrp...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    These threads are always interestingly amusing after one has a 5.56 can and has been exposed to quite a few.

Surefire
    AAC
    Ops
    KAC

Stop worrying about noise reduction, Db, etc. Pick the can from the above manufacturers that mounts the way you want it to, is short/long enough for your purposes, and has a price you're willing to pay. That's it. Really. I promise.

As much as people want to make silencer selection all about the science and technology, it really isn't. Much like buying a car. Stick to a known brand, find one with the features you want, and stop worrying about top speed and MPG as they are all so close together that it really doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    I agree with rob

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    These threads are always interestingly amusing after one has a 5.56 can and has been exposed to quite a few.
    Good point. If you stick to the top companies, they are all VERY close in regards to sound.

The YHM is pretty close in sound to these others, but maybe a little less durable overall if full auto is in your future.

Edit: One caveat is that cans like AAC's old 416-SD and SCAR-SD was that they were noticeably louder, but offered a big weight and length savings. I was going to buy one, but got a chance to hear one on a 10" gun and it rung my ears.
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 02-17-08 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Surefire
    AAC
    Ops
    KAC

Stop worrying about noise reduction, Db, etc. Pick the can from the above manufacturers that mounts the way you want it to, is short/long enough for your purposes, and has a price you're willing to pay. That's it. Really. I promise.

As much as people want to make silencer selection all about the science and technology, it really isn't. Much like buying a car. Stick to a known brand, find one with the features you want, and stop worrying about top speed and MPG as they are all so close together that it really doesn't matter.

Best post!!!

Also recognize that some of the most 'popular' sites to research and discuss suppressors is little more than an adverstising front for a company.

Go back and read Rob's post - really, that's it.

Feedback Score
    rob S,
    That was an awesome post on how to choose a suppressor. Once again rob s gives us more extremely valuable info.
    Anyhow, while on the subject of choosing the right suppressor for ones rifle/carbine, I would like to ask if anyone can point me to a good knowledge base type thread, that covers suppressor options for 6.8 AR's?
    I will continue researching this myelf, in hopes of finding any good threads covering this subject, but regardless of how much research I actually find time to do, it always seems that someone gets involved and posts up a link to a thread that simply did not pop up in my searching of the forums. I try to search for any and all relative terms, but as stated, I ALWAYS seem to somehow miss the most valuable info in my searches.
    Thanks guys!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast