Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Hooks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just picked up some of the 8 hooks at the Benchmade holiday sale. I've had good luck with Benchmade knives so I'm sure the hooks will be fine

Feedback Score
    Im the military environment I have been using a Benchmade hook for a couple years and I love the thing. Easy to mount with the malice clip sheath and it is durable and cuts anything, good buy.
    Last edited by DevilDoc1138; 01-18-13 at 19:33.

Feedback Score
    I carried two benchmade rescue hooks while in theater and they have become an invaluable piece of kit. Many people will just use trauma shears, however, if you have to cut away webbing, tactical nylon, or cordora, a rescue hook will cut through like butter exposing the patient to trauma naked. This is imperative in order to wound sweep and identify any other trauma on the patient.

Be safe

-PararescueDoc66
    That Others May Live
    S-G-M 09032012

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Benchmade 7 is my favorite. If only they'd incorporate the bottle opener from the 5, it would be perfect.
    Voveo pacis tamen instruo pro bellum.

Feedback Score

Re: Rescue Hooks

The 8 is nice because it can be handled easily and safely with heavy gloves.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    i have a benchmade on every seat belt and carry one behind my mag pouch when on duty i love them

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I also use a benchmade model. Pretty useful . Small and compact. Used it for cutting ropes, seat belts and flex cuffs.
    Tier 1 Defense
    Precision rifle builders
    (908)403-1757
    www.tieronedefense.com
    www.facebook.com/tier1defense

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Recently acquired the 7" but, totally confused on where to carry it, be it in the car at all times, or in my EDC bag? Or on person?
    It came with a holster MOLLE but its not a pouch, so I'm worried it might fall off. Thinking of getting the pouch or a lanyard at this point?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a Benchmade 5 on the outside of most of my trauma kits.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    per their website:
    he 7 Hook offers a handle with vinyl coating for enhanced grip.
    440C stainless steel (58-60HRC); 7H20 features X15-TN stainless steel (58-60HRC)
    Black powder coat finish with vinyl handle coating
    Nylon webbing pouch with Velcro closure and retention band
    What I received was the rescue hook and a plastic holster, as seen on 2nd picture.

I contacted their customer service and this is their reply

I guess when they updated the picture of the sheath on the website, they did not update description. Your order was shipped complete; they are no longer coming with the nylon sheath now. If you are not happy with the product since it does not come with the sheath as you expected, you are more than welcome to send it back. If you decide to, please call customer service at the number below and request RMA #.
    Please do not take this as a moan or complain, but, since I directed some folks to this website, I just don't want anyone to go thru what happened to me.

My impression with the holster, IMHO, it would not hold the cutter safely or securely. It comes off the holster easily.

Not sure where to take this, but, at this moment, the cutter remains inside my EDC at all times, just in case it falls off the holster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast