Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over a freakin barrel looking for an IWB G17 holster UPDATE:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Over a freakin barrel looking for an IWB G17 holster UPDATE:

Ive asked a few people here for advice, Ive searched here, and everywhere else I could find. I have NO experiance with IWB carry, so Im asking first, for a list of must have features to look for, then some nice-to-have features. Also would like to know about features, like say a short sweat guard, full size sweat guard, no sweat guard, ect. My requirements that I know I want are:
    1.Kydex
    2. About $75 give or take a little.
    3. If possible, can also be used as an OWB.
    4.Capable of being used with multiple belt widths, even if additional hardware needed.
    5. Easy/SAFE re-holstering.
    6. No ridiculous wait time. A week or so, fine.
    7. USA Made.
    8. Ill be carrying strictly at the 3:00 and 4:00 position.
    9. Good CS if needed.
    10. Im 6'1" tall...about 260lbs, if this helps.
    So if yall can suggest some holsters, or features I need, or just any further help on this Id appreciate it. Im looking to order in about 2 weeks or so. Thanks Gents!!

UPDATE: JUST ordered the Galco Double Time Holster IWB/OWB for my G17. Tactical Store.com has them for $55.96 SHIPPED. thats as cheap as I could find after looking around a few days.
    Ill try it out awhile and give my opinion on it when I can. Thanks for all the recommendations & help!!
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-21-12 at 10:32.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've had good luck with the Comp-Tac Minotaur. Here's their inexpensive version:
    Link.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am also a big fan of Comp-Tac for IWB. I would spend the extra 10 bucks and get the MTAC. I have one on my hip right now. If you order it with the right shell, you can carry a G17 or G19 with the same holster.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

They have very good cusutomer service, fast shipping, and the quality is high.

Also, if you buy an additional shell, you can switch guns for only $35. Not shabby.

The only drawback is that you cannot also use it as an OWB. But realistically, finding an inexpensive OWB is not hard. The RCS ready to ship gear is very good, and gets to you pretty dang fast. Well under 30 days. And RCS is really good people, too.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 11-07-12 at 22:36. Reason: bad spellur

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, THANKS fellas.
    Ill keep these in mind. Yall keep em coming please.
    I would add, Id like as much of a minimalist look as possible.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Have you considered the Vanguard 2 from Raven Concealment? It doesn't really meet your need for an easy re-holster, but certainly fits the minimalistic requirement.

I love mine, and really recommend it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Blade tech IDPA IWB.
    http://www.blade-tech.com/Inside-the...ED-pr-820.html
    I have many of them great durable comfortable practical holster.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    The new Galco Double Time fits the bill. It's a thin, kydex holster that comes with extra straps to wear it IWB or OWB.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.as...26&CatalogID=4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Check out Raven Concealments quick ship products.

I had my G19 holster in 10 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you all for the recommendations, Ive looked at all of them.
    The Blade Tech is nice, I REALLY like the Blade Tech RAZOR holsters,
    anybody have experiance with these?
    Also..that GALCO is REALLY in the running right now. Poly..I looked at the Quick Ship holster, nice. I do like the Galco & Blade Tech better as of now.
    Any more ideas or suggestions?

UPDATE: After looking again at the Galco, Im gonna order it this week. It looks to be EXACTLY what Ive been wanting. THANK YOU ALL for the help...I really appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-08-12 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    have you looked here? - http://persecsystems.com/
    never push a wrench...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast