Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AUG CQC now vs. waiting on Tavor

Feedback Score

AUG CQC now vs. waiting on Tavor

I have wanted a bullpup for a long time.

I finally have the money to do it. The question is, should I get the AUG CQC wth NATO stock now OR wait for the American Tavor?

I don't think there will be an option of both.

Talk to me about trigger pull.
    Talk to me about support later on. (AUG was supported by Ratworks and others, but not so much any more) (Tavor is big in Israel. Will they encourage aftermarket help.)

Tell me what I am not thinking about.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    Tavor could easily end up being vaporware. AUG A3 is available now, and who knows what gun politics will look like in the future. The AUG also has a much more extensive and proven track record.
    Last edited by Vintovka; 11-10-12 at 21:56.

Feedback Score
    That's my feeling. I've waited on guns before, and ended up with none.

I looked at the Tavor at a bullpup shoot in Sept, and it was nice, but not worth the risks of waiting. What if you wait, the Tavor never shows, and in the meantime, AUGs dry up/are banned/etc? Then you get neither.
    Or what if when you handle a production Tavor you find there is something about it that's all wrong for you?

Another thought is that if you get the AUG and the Tavor does show up and you want it- Sell the AUG. They do seem to hold their value.

As far as AUG support, that was a factor in me deciding to get one. I had previously been wary because I seldom saw an AUG, let alone parts. But I hadn't been looking before either. When I started poking around, I found that Pete Athens usually had about anything needed, and has managed to do so since they've been imported. It may be silly, but I started thinking about the times some things for ARs got scarce, and wondered if me maybe had AUG parts then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry in IN View Post
    Or what if when you handle a production Tavor you find there is something about it that's all wrong for you?
    The thing is, I have had my eyes open looking for one of these for years and with all the range time I have put in and all the gun shops.........I have never been able to put my hands on one. (AUG that is)
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    I'm gonna wait for the x95.If i wait to long I'll get an aug.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy a standard AUG A3 now. It will be several hundred dollars less costly than the CQC. Then start saving to buy the Tavor. It is rumored to be released this summer, which gives you roughly 6 months to save up $2k.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AUG CQC

I just ordered a CQC from Pete, standard not the NATO stock.
    Hopefully 20" barrels will be available in near future.
    A bird in the hand.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I originally planned to get both, but now that I had to take a 35% pay cut that is no longer going to happen. In my case, I decided to wait for the Tavor.

I like that the Tavor is more compact, deflects brass forward, and appears to have a superior safety and mag release system. I also like that the Tavor's forward grip area does not have to be held like a broom handle (discounting the addition of an expensive and heavy front rail that requires an extra-long flash hider). The fact that the Tavor is designed to take NATO mags also appeals to me, as I already have a solid supply.

I very, very seriously doubt that there will be any new 'bans' over the next two years. There is a strong Republican majority in the House, and many Democratic senators come from strongly pro Second Amendment states. In the event that I am wrong, I will just enjoy what I already have.
    Last edited by calvin118; 11-11-12 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    Well If the present administration does what the past administration did concerning gun control... I would say you pretty safe in that aspect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    I originally planned to get both, but now that I had to take a 35% pay cut that is no longer going to happen. In my case, I decided to wait for the Tavor.

I like that the Tavor is more compact, deflects brass forward, and appears to have a superior safety and mag release system. I also like that the Tavor's forward grip area does not have to be held like a broom handle (discounting the addition of an expensive and heavy front rail that requires an extra-long flash hider). The fact that the Tavor is designed to take NATO mags also appeals to me, as I already have a solid supply.

I very, very seriously doubt that there will be any new 'bans' over the next two years. There is a strong Republican majority in the House, and many Democratic senators come from strongly pro Second Amendment states. In the event that I am wrong, I will just enjoy what I already have.
    I may also take a 30% pay cut where i work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast