Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Buddy got a young doe

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Littlelebowski,

You seem to have a good grip on this situation but I'll add some support. This is Sophie, an adopted American Pit Bull Terrier who came from a shelter in GA. She is an excellent companion, protector of my family, and a best friend to my young nieces and nephews. Your Buddy was just doing what he was designed to do and I commend you on your training and dedication in making him a good dog, as well as doing the research on obtaining an "after the fact" tag should this ever happen again. Likewise, as someone who grew up on a farm, I thank you for knowing and understanding the difference between pursuit of a game animal and livestock. This dog took one correction to understand the difference between livestock and game animals.

Dad was a big fan of letting my nephew ride her when he was younger. Any kid she has ever been around could do anything they wanted to do to her and she would never bat an eye at them. The only danger they were ever in was being licked all over.

Last edited by longball; 04-27-13 at 01:08.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112