Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy got a young doe

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice to see/hear of a dog that still has its instincts. Neat story and thanks for sharing.

Also, in keeping with another posters line of thought...should someone ever feel the need to start shooting at a dog for chasing after a wild _________ and following its predatory nature, most dog owners I know would immediately answer with return fire. Bad choice in these parts...e.g. Bob Lee Swagger: You don't understand how serious this is. They killed my dog.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Dogs don't get shot often here in VT but it happens. It is usually done by a Game Warden.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That is a great looking pup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    This morning while hiking. All by himself. No shit. Carried her 50 yards to show me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It is impressive your dog was able to do that alone, I usually hear about packs killing deer.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I had no idea domesticated dogs were capable of taking deer down, especially solo. That's a great story and awesome dog LL.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post
    That is a great looking pup.
    Thanks. I adopted him full grown off of Craigslist after his original owner pawned him off on a friend who didn't have the time to interact with him nor train him. He bonded to me quick but took a while to learn manners and get trained. Second dog off of Craiglist that's turned out great for me and neither of them were pups.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Deleted by Phila PD
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 11-16-12 at 17:11.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Gotta admit, I got a bit ole smile on my face now.

Good dog!

Feedback Score
    What a great dog! A video of the whole thing would have been awesome. But of course, these things aren't planned, and it's the spontaneity that makes it perfect. With her skill in hunting, I wonder what animal would he be hurdling next...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to be a downer, but in Montana domestic dogs chasing down and killing hooved game animals get shot without any criminal or civil liability.

Definitely frowned upon in this neck of the woods.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast