Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Shooting the 300BLK

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's a midget down range in a Ghillie suit with a supressed rimfire shooting the target I bet.

If this bootleg ass cartridge could come close to doing that. The 300 toadies would have been spewing this all over the forums.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's a midget down range in a Ghillie suit with a supressed rimfire shooting the target I bet.
    HAHAHAHA
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    I shot my 300 BLK at 600 yards and was hitting the 3 inch X-ring, but I had a scope.

Feedback Score
    so markm, you're a big fan of the 300 huh?...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is some impressive shooting. The risk/reward for Mr. Haley to bullshit this makes me think the video is legit. If he faked this video the damage to his professional reputation would be immediate and severe like Iraqgunz said.
    "The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. Evil mind, evil sword."

A response petition to the Obama administration urging that gun rights be left to the States. Please sign and share.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Using velocity numbers for a Rem 125gr. OTM out of an 8" 300blk rifle....550ft./59 F/5mph

To think that someone can just repeatably bang out (that's important in terms of that video) hits with a T-1 while holding off almost 41ft. of elevation, along with almost 10ft. of windage on a really light winded day is nothing short of mind boggling. The icing is just doing it with such casual support, and effortlessness.

The optimal game size at that distance is a large house cat....
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 11-13-12 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Using velocity numbers for a Rem 125gr. OTM out of an 8" 300blk rifle....550ft./59 F/5mph

To think that someone can just repeatably bang out (that's important in terms of that video) hits with a T-1 while holding off almost 41ft. of elevation, along with almost 10ft. of windage on a really light winded day is nothing short of mind boggling. The icing is just doing it with such casual support, and effortlessness.

The optimal game size at that distance is a large house cat....
    Make that really impressive shooting. 100,000 rounds worth of practice will do that though.
    "The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. Evil mind, evil sword."

A response petition to the Obama administration urging that gun rights be left to the States. Please sign and share.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva View Post
    Make that really impressive shooting. 100,000 rounds worth of practice will do that though.
    I don't think that is all Travis. I think that is HSP doing that (and maybe the students in classes too who had it). HSP being Travis and the people he works with or work with him.

--
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhisattva View Post
    100,000 rounds worth of practice will do that though.
    I'm more impressed by that.

It's $60,000 worth of ammo at retail cost. I wonder if shot it exclusively because I'm sure he had to switch between that and 5.56 for courses but who knows? Also helps that he has access to a range basically anytime he wants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    glad i'm not the only one who was very impressed with those shots. I believe travis as a man who would not fake such a shot, and I see no reason why he would in the first place. I do however believe he spent more time than it shows setting the shots up. But in the end it proves his point that its possible.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast