Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $2700 in shipping.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As someone who is currently laid off because of "Defense Cuts"; this really pisses me the **** off!!

I would have sent you a replacement extractor set for nothing just to save that money.
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 11-15-12 at 11:32.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    There are many of us who aren't military and are just as pissed as you are... God bless America...we need all the blessings we can get for this sorry ass country...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    I say call your local news station and get them involved. This type of stuff needs to be made public.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When I got to work this morning I thought I must have it wrong, there is no way someone would spend that much money to ship one $400 rifle. I sent an email to Crane questioning whether that was the correct shipping charge or not. They confirmed that it was indeed the amount paid to ship it. I then sent the following email to them.

“Wow. So the Navy spent 2700 bucks to ship a $400 M16 one way because a broken 89 cent part.

We have two of us here that are graduates of the Army small arms repair school in Aberdeen MD. I was working at Ft Sill, Oklahoma, before coming here, doing direct support small arms maintenance for the Army. So if I may ask. Why are we wasting thousands of dollars shipping weapons around for minor repairs?”
    We will see what kind of response I get.

Also I just found out that the missing M240 is ready for pick up. I’m going to get it tomorrow. Anyone want to guess how much it cost to ship.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    this sorry ass country...
    Yeah, I don't know that I'd go that far.

Feedback Score
    Well, I didn't want to say it, but the considering how fast we are going downhill... it's sad.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Two people are graduates of the school in Aberdeen and yet they won't let you guys make simple repairs. That's ****ing mind numbing shit. When I was with the USCG if you were qualified on a weapon and you contacted the servicing armory they would send the part to you and if would be replaced.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    This is why I support military spending cuts. They need to learn how to spend the hundreds of billions they get in a more efficient manner.

Seems like when its someone elses money no one cares how wasteful stuff becomes or that in the long run our debt to pay for all this stuff is counter to the mission the military has which is to protect America. Not doing much protecting when they are 'helping' run up our debt by the hundreds of billions of wasted money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Two people are graduates of the school in Aberdeen and yet they won't let you guys make simple repairs. That's ****ing mind numbing shit. When I was with the USCG if you were qualified on a weapon and you contacted the servicing armory they would send the part to you and if would be replaced.
    Exactly. As an armory sup in South FL, I dealt with the District Armory in Canaveral, and this was the case for most of our maintenance.
    Failure to train is training to fail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123