Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How I came to buy my SIG716 ???

Feedback Score
    Considering the price is similar, how did you all decided to buy this instead of an FNAR or DPMS/BM/Rem?
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    DPMS/BM/Rem?
    Eeewww. Gross.

The DPMS 308 AR platform imo should be avoided at all costs. That little stupid buffer is a deal breaker imo. We saw horrible bolt bounce and cyclic rates with those under highspeed camera, absolute ****ing garbage.

Feedback Score
    I hear you, but a better buffer is a cheap fix. The reason why I asked is that all 3 are price competitors, each with "fatal flaws" compared to KAC/LMT/Larue, etc. according to the predominant opinion here on M4C. The FNAR sounds like the most reliable (?), DPMS the most parts compatibility, etc. etc.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't the FNAR a dressed up BAR? Doesn't seem to possess the same pedigree as an AR military platform. I too would go with the Sig over the DPMS or FNAR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Isn't the FNAR a dressed up BAR? Doesn't seem to possess the same pedigree as an AR military platform. I too would go with the Sig over the DPMS or FNAR.
    I agree. It is hard to take the FNAR seriously lumping Sig in with DPMS is a huge stretch to say the least.

Feedback Score
    I bought the 716 in FDE about a month ago. Was able to grab 16 additional P- mags before the craziness. Still no optics, and I still have not fired it, but I sure like the "package". I thought the price was attractive when compared to other .308 platforms.

Skip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    A military pedigree can be used and the final result crap, so that's not a solid argument.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    I bought the 716 in FDE about a month ago. Was able to grab 16 additional P- mags before the craziness. Still no optics, and I still have not fired it, but I sure like the "package". I thought the price was attractive when compared to other .308 platforms.

Skip
    Skip,

What was your final price if you don't mind me asking?

Feedback Score
    I don't own a Sig 716 myself.. one of my friends does and, I'll have to admit.. it's pretty nice.

Much nicer than I thought it would be.

Now I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten one

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikele View Post
    Skip,

What was your final price if you don't mind me asking?
    Paid $2k even before this. I had seen some as low as $1650 shipped on GB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast