Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers/ATS Tactical - Pistol & Carbine - Nov 14 - 16 Altha, FL

Feedback Score

Larry Vickers/ATS Tactical - Pistol & Carbine - Nov 14 - 16 Altha, FL

ATS Tactical is extremely happy to announce that Vickers Tactical (Larry Vickers) will conduct a 3 Day Pistol/Carbine Operators course on Nov 14-16 2008 at the Ares Training Facility owned and operated by ATS Tactical. The facility is nestled on 100 acres of South Eastern pine forest and is approximately 1 hour SW of Tallahassee, 1 hour N of Panama City. or 1 hour E-SE of Pensacola.

1 day pistol / 2 day carbine Nov 14 - 16 2008

Price is as follows:

- Vickers Tactical course tuition = $600.00

- $20 per day range fee= $60

- $75 per day for food and lodging. This fee includes housing in one of our 4 man cabins, full bath/shower facility, laundry facility, wireless internet service, satellite TV, and 3 catered meals a day. You are invited to spend the night before and the night after the class at no additional charge. You are welcome to go it on your own, but you will easily spend $75 a day just on your hotel fees.
    =$225

- We may have ammo available on site at a bulk rate. We all know how bad ammo prices and availability have gotten lately. We will do everything we can to make ammo available for purchase from the pro-shop. Check this post regularly for updates.

Tuition payment in full is requested 30 days prior to the class, 15 October 2008, unless prior arrangements have been made. Contact us if you have questions.

Range and Lodging fees in full are requested 30 days prior to the class, 15 October 2008, unless prior arrangements have been made. Contact us if you have questions.

Vickers Tactical Pistol Basic

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction. Topics covered include the following: safety, stance, grip, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their service pistol includes field stripping and maintenance. In addition to this, other topics that are covered include reloads, draw, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Class requirements:

• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)

• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber

• Serviceable holster

• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch

• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)

• 400 rounds of ammo – factory service type (no reloads)

• Suitable range wear depending on the season

• Good attitude

Vickers Tactical Carbine Basic Course

An entry level course for carbine shooters. This class is geared for those who have not had any formal instruction. Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting.

Class requirements:

• Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)

• Serviceable carbine - typical calibers include 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 6.8mm SPC, 7.62 x 39mm

• Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred

• Minimum 1 magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)

• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)

• 800 rounds of ammo - service type

• Suitable range wear depending on the season

• Good attitude

Space is limited to 16 students!

To register contact Stephen Hilliard at stephen AT blueforcegear DOT com ..... Course tuition, lodging, meals, range fee, etc. may be paid online here or by calling 800-639-5938

Larry's Bio can be seen here: www.vickerstactical.com/about.htm

For local support feel free to contact our Facility Manager Brian Payne at 850-762-3616.
    Last edited by Stephen_H; 09-19-08 at 15:30.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Hi Stephen, I just sent you an email.

thanks
    Chris M.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can you elaborate on the "cabins" a bit more? This could run the gamut from military barracks style to private-room style.

Is the 1 hour from Tallahassee from the middle of town or elsewhere? I grew up there and still have family there I could stay with if the 1 HR is a realistic drive time.

thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i'm negotiating with the wife, hope to get to go.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    Rob,

I'm sure Stephen will send picks, but the huts are quite nice and kept up. All in all, it is a very proffesionaly kept training site. Now that I am old, fat and retierd, that is very important. I was impressed.

Matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Can you elaborate on the "cabins" a bit more? This could run the gamut from military barracks style to private-room style.

Is the 1 hour from Tallahassee from the middle of town or elsewhere? I grew up there and still have family there I could stay with if the 1 HR is a realistic drive time.

thanks in advance.
    We are located about 15 miles off of exit 142, I-10. I have gotten there in under an hour from exit 203 (which is what I would consider the middle of Tallahassee).

The cabins are nice 4 man units with heat/AC and four wooden bunks. The below picture was taken right after they were built. The area is now grassy with gravel trails.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

thanks in advance.
    Rob,

are you considering this? This is a course I would really like to attend.

Steve
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you guys haven't trained with Larry before, you are in for a treat. I highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    We're going to have Pat Rogers down there in a couple of weeks for a 3 day Carbine course I'll be sure to put up lots of pictures so that everbody has a better idea of how nice this facility is.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm interested in attending a class but I've heard most courses/ranges won't let you keep brass. I dont intend on walking around every few minutes but I'm assuming at some point everyone or a few work together to clean up the brass. It would be great to see some classes allowing the attendees to clean up and split the brass. I've heard on several occasions "I would love to go but I can't keep my brass" or "I wanna shoot wolf so I won't waste my brass" I also assume the range benefits from this large ammount of brass they can reload or sell, but the class's are expensive and ammo has gone way up. I personally am holding back because of this. I know its seams silly to some but its like recycling, I pay a deposit on the brass and then I'm told I have to forfeit this to play even though I paid for the class.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast