Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I need a CPAP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just A Scout, are you sure about that? I had Major rhinoplasty and sinuplasty three years ago. It cured the ever present sinus infections, and certainly helped with my seasonal allergies, but didn't do shit for my snoring or apnea. As I have both obstructive and central apnea, the only thing that has helped me has been my CPAP.

From experience, one shouldn't mess around and ignore this. For years people had told me I had sleep apnea, but I blew it off. This last Labor Day weekend, as I was laying in the ICU, recovering from a massive MI, (needed a stent and some touch up balloon work) my cardiac surgeon came in, woke me up and told me I needed a sleep study ASAP. I was not overweight, no high blood pressure, and he said it was one of the contributing factors to my heart disease.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

I need a CPAP

When I did my sleep study, I had over 100 events per hour. Since I got the bipap, I have 0 when I use it. And I can sleep on my back and not move. I can feel it splinting my sinus passages, it's that big of a difference. I'm working on losing more weight, trying eat better (or at least eat), and working more/harder. Now the biggest problem I have is stress. If I could fix my marriage, I'd sleep like a baby.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

I need a CPAP

Working out more/harder.

Feedback Score
    I'm 43 and in decent shape, but been on a CPAP for 12 years. It has made a world of difference for me. If I end up spending the night somewhere unexpectedly and don't have it with me, I am worthless and feel like crap the next day. I don't regret for one minute taking the test (also at the wifey's prodding) and tell all my friends if they snore bad, go see a doctor. It is definitely a life changer and saver.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: I need a CPAP

I just got my cpap, it takes me longer to fall asleep for now, but I think I don't wake up much during the night. I still do though because of unrelated back issues.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678