Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a CPAP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cpap lover

Unike some of the people on this list, I like my CPAP. Without it I would not be living today. I can't sleep without it, with it on I go to sleep in about 5 minutes.

Be careful which mask you get, most of the manufacturers are going to the one size fits all. Before they had several diferent sizes, the one size fits all seems to have more plastic parts, I have broken the harness mounts on one intricate model by moving my head from side to side. Too much torque for the parts to handle. I use a comfort classic size medium, it fits my nose and lasts for 3 months before I replace the mask, hose, and filters.

When you get your machine think about getting an additional hose, 12 feet of hose gives me more freedom of movement on my Cal King bed, 6 feet of hose is more restrictive.

Good luck finding a machine you like, I'm on my third machine and I am finally happy with my setup. If you can go to a CPAP store and get fitted by a well trained technician, it makes a big difference.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Cpap store?! What is this thing which you speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The model I have covers the nose only. Yes it takes getting used to.
    Yeah I recently had a study and after a few weeks have settled into using the CPAP. The mask Gunz is talking about is called a "nasal pillow" I believe and I tolerate this type mask a lot better than the style they put me in first.

The cpap, a new gym membership and better meals and I'm sleeping like a baby!
    "Think you used enough dynamite there Butch?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CPAP store

just a scout, I don't know where you live, but here in Orange County CA there is a store in La Palma there fits and sells CPAP machines and masks. It got sold several years ago and I don't remember the new name.
    Google CPAP in your area and you might find a simiiar store that will show you several styles of machines and masks.
    You can find several CPAP supply sites on the web, but you take a chance of the machines and masks not being right for you.
    Apreia (sp) medical supply is contracted to my HMO, they will also show you machines and masks if you make and appointment with them.
    good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Thank you for he info. I'll let you know how it works out. Gonna suck on toast at girt since my sinuses are AFU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

CPAP store

I just looked up Apria Healthcare, they have offices all over the country that show respiration therapy. Google Apria and use their office locator. They may contract with your medical plan or Medicare, I don't know, but that seems logical.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas42 View Post
    I don't think I've ever met anyone who liked their CPAP. . . or anyone who I believed was wearing it 100% of the time. You are going to hate it....
    I don't hate mine, and I use it every night. I love not dozing off in the middle of the day, and I feel significantly better. I take it everywhere I go.

FWIW, my sleep apnea isn't obesity related (I'm 6'1", 185). I've snored like a chain saw since I was child.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love my CPAP. I get great sleep and I am not tired like I was all the time before. I got diagnosed with severe sleep apnea this year. My oxygen levels dropped to 56% at night. I thank my wife for making me go to the sleep study.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I need a cpap I think, I have sleep apnea but they need to do another sleep study to see if a cpap will help. If it does help... I get med boarded because I'm no longer world-wide deployable.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The way it was done when I did mine which fortunately was a very good clinic that specialized in sleep disorders. They determined part way through my sleep cycle that a CPAP was needed and they slapped it on. The results were amazing.

When I woke up 10 times a night to piss I thought I had a bladder problem and in fact it was due to the apnea. My body was telling me to wake up because of all the times I stopped breathing.

I don't wake up to piss anymore, I put my Vader mask on and am asleep within 20-30 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I need a cpap I think, I have sleep apnea but they need to do another sleep study to see if a cpap will help. If it does help... I get med boarded because I'm no longer world-wide deployable.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast