Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Arms XCR M

Feedback Score

Robinson Arms XCR M

I am wondering if any one has any experience with these rifles in 308. I would like to try one for mid range shooting ie coyotes out to 600 plus yards. How accurate are they out of the box, how they handle. If I want to hunt with an ar type rifle I have to go with one of these because everything else is classed as restricted in Canada. So we can't hunt with restricted weapons. Any info would be great. Thanks

Feedback Score
    There are a few accuracy reports on the XCR forum (some great, some so-so), but it's getting spammed to hell right now.

I have an XCR-L in 5.56 that is one of my favorite firearms. The company can be difficult to deal with. I don't know if that matters to you because it is enough of a hassle getting receivers or parts across the border.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I have been considering putting a match barrel on it if I have to. I like what the American Army is using, it's a solid battle proven system. So if I can get this rifle even close to that I would be happy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by albertanhb View Post
    it's a solid BATTLE proven system.
    Wait? The XCR? What does "what the American army is using" mean? Are you a spambot? What user here would write that instead of writing the actual name of the gun you were referencing?
    Last edited by Noodles; 11-21-12 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. I have been considering putting a match barrel on it if I have to. I like what the American Army is using, it's a solid battle proven system. So if I can get this rifle even close to that I would be happy.
    XCR components are proprietary. So, the only place you will find barrels from is Robinson Arms unless you have a gun smith custom make a barrel for you. Also, the piston system and loose locking 3-lug bolt on the XCR system is not condusive to good accuracy at extended ranges.

Lastly, what American Army weapon are you referring to? Most semi auto .308 systems in use by US forces are the M14, AR-10 makes, and the SCAR MK17. Only the AR-10 DI gas system is able to come close to a bolt action rifle's accuracy at ranges beyond 500m. The M14 and SCAR piston sytems do not provide all that good of an accuracy level at those extended ranges.
    Last edited by S. Galbraith; 11-21-12 at 10:08.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    Calm down folks. He's in Canada. He can't have "what the American Army is using" but the XCR is "close".

Feedback Score
    That is correct we can't have what you guys can have. Or I should say hunt with. I can get certain AR platforms but they are classified restricted and we can't hunt with them.

Feedback Score
    As to my reference to the U.S military I am referring to the M-110 sniper system

Feedback Score
    I'd pass on the XCR. Its proprietary. One source of parts. One point of failure. Add to that the messiah complex of the owner and piss poor customer service. Also, take a look at all the things that are screwed on. Screws on guns are evil and tend to back out at inconvenient times. Have seen 2 gas blocks shoot themselves loose. The barrel retaining screw works itself loose. When you talk to Alex Robinson about the faults in the system and have the temerity to suggest that's its a combination of an AR, a FAL, and an AK, he goes bananas. Given the issues with the 5.56 and 7.62 x39 versions I've seen, I'd pass on the 308
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    As to my reference to the U.S military I am referring to the M-110 sniper system
    The only similarities to the M110 are the magazines and caliber. Othwise, they are completely different systems.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-21-12 at 15:39.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast