Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Arms XCR M

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lurpygeek View Post
    Calm down folks. He's in Canada. He can't have "what the American Army is using" but the XCR is "close".
    I don't think that allows for weird blanket statements, unless he doesn't speak English I guess.

The XCR is not close.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    I'd pass on the XCR. Its proprietary. One source of parts. One point of failure. Add to that the messiah complex of the owner and piss poor customer service. Also, take a look at all the things that are screwed on. Screws on guns are evil and tend to back out at inconvenient times. Have seen 2 gas blocks shoot themselves loose. The barrel retaining screw works itself loose. When you talk to Alex Robinson about the faults in the system and have the temerity to suggest that's its a combination of an AR, a FAL, and an AK, he goes bananas. Given the issues with the 5.56 and 7.62 x39 versions I've seen, I'd pass on the 308
    I can't deny many things you have said, but I can offer another viewpoint. I've had an XCR for four years. It has been 100% reliable with multiple thousands of rounds through it. I check all bolts as recommended, though nothing has ever come loose. I've never had any problems with their customer service (only bought additional parts and spares, never dealt with warranty issues), but there are people who have horror stories.

There are a lot of great things about the system and its simplicity and durability, but you won't hear about those on this site since it is devoted to a different platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I don't think that allows for weird blanket statements, unless he doesn't speak English I guess.

The XCR is not close.
    Okay, give him some examples of options he can own that are "close".
    Last edited by lurpygeek; 11-21-12 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    Incidentally... Here is a current accuracy test of a 7.62x51mm XCR-M (granted, with a custom barrel).

http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,...topicseen.html

Feedback Score
    I was going to do a rather extensive accuracy and ammo test with the XCR-M and post it online for all to read, but then I decided that I didnt care if anyone liked the gun or not, that me liking it and how well it shoots was enough for me, the fact it ate everything I fed it was cool, and that the fact it had it's idiosyncracies like every other gun didnt bother me much.

It seems to be more accurate than I am and Kermit Zahm provides top drawer service for the XCR. thats all I really know for sure.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    I was going to do a rather extensive accuracy and ammo test with the XCR-M and post it online for all to read, but then I decided that I didnt care if anyone liked the gun or not, that me liking it and how well it shoots was enough for me, the fact it ate everything I fed it was cool, and that the fact it had it's idiosyncracies like every other gun didnt bother me much.

It seems to be more accurate than I am and Kermit Zahm provides top drawer service for the XCR. thats all I really know for sure.
    I'd publish that on my blog. Let me know if interested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    I was going to do a rather extensive accuracy and ammo test with the XCR-M and post it online for all to read...
    I would be interested in that and I am, for sure, not in the market for one. But, if not, then I'll just have to wonder.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm interested. Sometimes, I like being proven wrong.
    Insert impressive resume here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just learned of the xcr-m today. Does anyone have any time on a current generation?

jpgm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Geezuz, 8 year old thread....

Put your nutz in a vice and save yourself the aggravation and money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...I'm still open to worthwhile input on current generation's if available.

jpgm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast