Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will a speedloader stress the crane

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Only if you get way to heavy handed
    This. In particular, newer S&W revos have a yoke screw that incorporates a spring loaded plunger within the screw. I've seen guys under stress in competition get so ham fisted on the reload that they overwhelm the spring loaded plunger and wind up with the frame in one hand and the cylinder & yoke in the other (or on the ground). I much prefer the solid yoke screws that require hand fitting and I lock them down with blue loc-tite.

FWIW, I think the J Frame Jet Loader is the way to go. It's slightly bulkier than the Safariland Comp II, but performs more like the Comp III, which is far superior.

Feedback Score
    I'm old enough that I was issued a revolver as a sidearm for a job.

I carried/used the Safariland speed loaders for years.....no issues.

And I still have the S&W 30 years later.

Feedback Score
    I currently own three J Frames and use the Safariland Comp 1 speed loaders. I have never noticed any unusual wear on my wheel guns after using the Safariland speed loaders.

I would also suggest picking up a couple of Speed Strips, because they are flatter and easier to hide. You would be surprised at how fast you can load with the Speed Strips with a little practice.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-05-12 at 16:42.

Feedback Score
    Thanks that's reassuring. I do have a few speed strips and I've been practicing using Massad Ayoob's example on YouTube.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12