Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about VZ58 options

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel View Post
    If you weren't told it was poly you probably wouldn't notice unless you're the kind of guy who pulls on his trigger so hard you jerk the muzzle ten feet off target. It has been tested ad nauseum, it doesn't break, its a non-point. Think of it like a Glock tigger. In fact, the VZ is striker fired, so think of it a LOT like a glock trigger. I've never out a metal trigger in my Glock. If it TRULY bothers you, there actually is a drop in aftermarket steel trigger - that being said I've never bothered on mine. I like it as is.
    That's what I wanted to hear. I'm very familiar with the strength of polymer (if the right kind is used) Just had to do a double take when I read that the Czechpoint trigger is made of polymer, I've never heard of a polymer rifle trigger before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintovka View Post
    That's what I wanted to hear. I'm very familiar with the strength of polymer (if the right kind is used) Just had to do a double take when I read that the Czechpoint trigger is made of polymer, I've never heard of a polymer rifle trigger before.
    If you want a metal trigger i believe there is a user on theAkForum who sells them (obiwonbonjovi iirc)

edit: yeah that was the user, apparently he's set up a website: http://www.bonesteelarms.com/VZ-58-U...NC-VZ58FCG.htm
    Last edited by helothar; 11-26-12 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    If you want a metal trigger i believe there is a user on theAkForum who sells them (obiwonbonjovi iirc)

edit: yeah that was the user, apparently he's set up a website: http://www.bonesteelarms.com/VZ-58-U...NC-VZ58FCG.htm
    Bookmarked; I'll probably leave the polymer trigger in the gun but have an extra FCG around just in case.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Almost anything from Century is questionable, weather straight surplus or cobbled guns like their VZ - just not worth the risk.

Feedback Score
    I've had three century versions. No problems at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would offer that only ONE Czech VZ58 rifle available is actually made in the Czech republic.

Do you want a Rolex... or a Rodex? Buy the original article.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelonsteel View Post
    I would offer that only ONE Czech VZ58 rifle available is actually made in the Czech republic.

Do you want a Rolex... or a Rodex? Buy the original article.
    Some might come out of Slovakia too iirc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't the Czeckpoint rifles have US made receivers (albeit excellent ones)?

You may also want to consider WHICH stockset to get. I like a fixed stock, but the one on the VZ is angled, and kills my cheek. I am shooting with the folder now, and it is much better - the steel sits UNDER my cheekbone, and makes the kick manageable. I do think that the ACE adapter and straight stock from Sturmwerks should work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Don't the Czeckpoint rifles have US made receivers (albeit excellent ones)?

You may also want to consider WHICH stockset to get. I like a fixed stock, but the one on the VZ is angled, and kills my cheek. I am shooting with the folder now, and it is much better - the steel sits UNDER my cheekbone, and makes the kick manageable. I do think that the ACE adapter and straight stock from Sturmwerks should work.
    They have Czech receivers. I'll likely be making a purchase within the month. A local gun shop has a VZ2008 that seems to be really nice but he wants $715 + tax for it and won't budge. Rather than order a VZ2008 sight unseen, I'm going the Czechpoint route.

Feedback Score
    My rule is anything Century should be melted down.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12