Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally found some real M855

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Finally found some real M855

I looked all over trying to find some NON IGMAN M855. Finally found some Q3269 (1K rounds) M855 today at the fun show. I have always thought it hard to find the 2007 stamped Winchester M855. I also found some 05' Lake City M855, but it was even more expensive and the stripper clip/bandoleer packaging wasn't important to me.

So far accuracy is OUTSTANDING for M855 It also seems to be fairly "hot". I took a cartridge
    down and measured what is either 26.5gr or 27.5gr depending on how I read the sliding weight scale (it confuses me how it works with 1 weight sliding towards the fulcrum to add measure and one sliding away to add measure or whatnot, I do not get it). I need to find my digital scale. There is a small (but thorough) amount of sealer on the primers, it is purple/black in color, and a good bit of black tar sealant on the bullet. This is the REAL M855

2007 headstamp w/NATO circle btw.

This was shot in gusty wind as well as being kindof a "quick" group. Had I taken a bit more time I see this being 2.5MOA ammo easily.

PS. I broke out my old steel plate (3/8" thick mild steel). It went through that and both outer and inner (missing internals) skins

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice!
    May 2-2011

Woke up at 7am turned on the TV & saw the news and just smiled ear to ear!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Well you are smart to avoid that Igman stuff from what I've heard.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I looked all over trying to find some NON IGMAN M855. Finally found some Q3269 (1K rounds) M855 today at the fun show.
    How much did 1K rounds cost you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post

That's the real question. A pretty penny I bet.

Feedback Score

hmmm...

...what was wrong with the Igman stuff?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    I payed out the nose for it, but it is properly sealed (soaked 2 rounds in WD-40, one for 36hrs and the other for 12hrs and both when the bullet was pulled were bone-dry inside and the primers were very hearty sounding when I fired the primers.)

2.75 MOA for a carelessly fired group in 10mph gusts of wind (it was moving the rifle so I had to pause once, thats how ugly it was) is NOT! bad for M855 either. Had I fired it from a rest and eliminated the wind I would guess 2-2.5MOA is attainable from this.

I also measured 27.5gr of powder taken from the two rounds I took down today. Seems like they are hot

Okay, I still have not justified myself enough, but the case cost me $500 OTD at the funshow. All the same lot # of course. All 2007 Headstamped. Damnit the man said they were assymbled by little elves in a separate part of the factory.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gyp_c2 View Post
    ...what was wrong with the Igman stuff?
    Shortstrokes and some rifles are throwing 5-6" "patterns" with it at 100y.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    I'm paying $384/1K OTD for Sellier & Bellot (their version of M193). I think Grant has a better deal going, so I'll have to check.

M855 is just too expensive.

Feedback Score

ha...

...I'll thank you not to make fun of my groupings...
    LOL...that's buckshot stuff...

...So what is NATO specs for that ammo supposed to be...
    Shouldn't there be a velocity/pressure floor in ammo designated that way?
    Was that a bad batch or is the spec different for Igman compared to everyone else? Is it meant to be used in weapons other than AR/M4 types?
    What's da' deal here?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast