Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rob Pincus Counter Ambush Training DVD & Home Study Course

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Just watching that video made me cringe....

First, he borrowed a student's weapon?????

Second, he promoted carrying magazine incorrectly.

Third, he goes to a ready AFTER explaining going to slide lock DURING a fight.

Forth, he puts his work space at his waist level.

TONS OF FAIL THERE!

If I didn't know who that was, that video would immediately throw up a red flag as to someone NOT to give my money to.

I do believe his current practice is:

1) don't carry a gun during class

2) borrow a student's gun if a demo is needed

3) never live fire demo in front of students

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    How many second grade teachers show their students a picture of the letter H and never write it on the chalk board?

Explain
    Demonstrate
    Do
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RamZar View Post
    I just ordered the full Counter Ambush: Certified Training Course. Hopefully, there are some nuggets of good packaged knowledge therein.
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    If you are serious, you should write an AAR about it.
    I certainly will. I have an open mind. I have mild expectations. Just hoping there'll be some good info in the package to justify the cost.
    Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
    - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military

Feedback Score
    A few months ago, on another forum this is how Rob Pincus justified/explained his/CFS odd ways of "demoing" and "reloads":

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post

Seriously, I am headed back to work... but, quickly, over the years, I have found that very few things actually benefit greatly from demos. Training time is always limited. Demo'ing my ability to perform a drill, I find totally useless (unless I want to impress students for some silly reason)... I find it important to EXPLAIN a drill and make sure students understand it. At the end of the day, if you have to choose between watching someone do a drill OR shooting a drill yourself, which will benefit you more? Ultimately, that is the choice, because training time is limited. I'd rather teach more and let my students shoot more and skip demos with a low value. Other things are very important to demo, but, as stated, demonstrating them slowly is most important. Our reload technique is one of this those things. Today I did about 15 demos of various presentation techniques (in slow motion, without actually firing a single shot) during an advanced pistol handling class that deals with unorthodox positions. Students generally don't have any clear idea what they are supposed to do without demos of the actual motions that are most efficient in these areas, so the time for the demo is well worth it. But, if I bothered to take a shot at the end of the presentations, that would require me to only demo at angles that I could point into a berm AND for students to wear eyes/ears through the demo... both of which detract from my ability to teach efficiently and the student's ability to learn as efficiently as possible. So, we may have some semantic issues here... there are plenty of "demos" in our program, but NO Demonstrations of our shooting ability... in fact, when I do shoot in a class (unless checking a firearms sights for a student, etc), I rarely shoot at a target.... for example, when shooting to get to slide lock and slo-mo demo a reload.

The reload technique that we teach (in the high compressed ready position, done without looking, utilizing an overhand rack to get the gun back into battery) is taught because we have found it to be the most reliable method over the widest set of plausible circumstances.

-Rob
    Last edited by RamZar; 11-28-12 at 01:50.
    Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills.
    - Historian Josephus (AD 37-101) on the Roman military

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Haley Strategic Services markets for BCM.
    Besides training and consulting, it's part of what they do.
    Last edited by polymorpheous; 11-28-12 at 05:06.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    You guys need to remember that Rob Pincus markets to a different audience - years ago Ken and I talked about it and he reminded me and now I am reminding all of you that the mere fact that you visit a tactical firearms and training forum like M4C puts you in a very select category - there are untold thousands of shooters that never visit a firearms forum

Think of it is this way ; how many NASCAR fans do you think there are ( some I'm sure even on M4C ) vs how many fans regularly visit a NASCAR Internet forum to discuss all the details of the sport ?

Pincus is marketing himself to a totally different audience and frankly Im sure he could care less that serious shooters on M4C don't like his training techniques

Obviously his approach is not my cup of tea but it is a free country - he is free to do and say what he wants ; as are all of you

As far as brand ambassadors for BCM there are many simply because Paul B the founder is one of the finest people in the industry. BCM is a major sponsor of TacTV and has been since day one and I am very proud to call him my friend. Great company - make sure you guys support him and BCM because it is in all our best interests for the good guys to succeed in the industry

Be safe

LAV

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    While on the topic, I'm pretty pissed off that Daniel Defense made the mistake of hiring Pincus to represent their brand.

It certainly seems like they've jumped the shark/ sold out by associating themselves with someone who's literally never done anything with a gun worth mentioning.

Whoever made the decision to go with Pincus over LAV should be looking for a new job, as they clearly don't understand the market they're in.
    To add to what Mr. Vickers stated.

Maybe DD is trying to reach the market of the type of people LAV speaks of in his previous comment, as they are seemingly doing well in the market of the type of people on this forum.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To piggyback off of Larry and Chris's comments; Pincus has a huge audience. You cant swing a dead cat without hitting something that he has written or some video he has done. I would think Daniel Defense's choice of him as a spokesperson is based, at least in part, upon that.

Dano5326 Guest
    Rob who?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    Rob who?
    Exactly. I think this thread has more than served it's purpose.

We've heard from SME's and just about everyone else. Until next time....
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789